My Thoughts on Potential Recruits for the Class of 2025

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

OU_Tom wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:03 am Any visits this weekend? I assume 2025 recruiting will be over before we figure out what is going on
Hit the wrong button again.....but hey--thanks for asking the question anyway.
I have not seen or heard anything about any visits this weekend. I've asked on a couple sites away, but nada. I don't even know if we had anybody in town this weekend.
I had heard or read that Allyssa Parker was supposed to visit Arky this weekend--but now that is just an assumption on my part. CD did tweet out a "woo pig" yesterday, and to my relief, it was for Kharmari Hall, another player they were after--not Parker. Beyond that, I got nuthin.
Cclift38 probably knows, or has an idea, but I doubt if he can say if we had anyone here this weekend or not.
Patience is hard, these days..........
aka Crimson47
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

We got 3 commits so far. I think only Patty Gasso know the answer to this question but what will be the size of the 2025 recruiting class? It seems that it will be somewhere between 3 and 6. My current wild guess is 5.
::rice2:: :dude:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

You're right. Only Patty knows.
I want it to be 5
but.....
I think it will probably only be 4.
I would like to add both McDaniel and Minor---but may only get one.
Sidebar:
I think it would be easier for an infielder to transition to the outfield (Coleman, Brito, Torres), rather than an outfielder to transition to the infield.
Perhaps that's why Coach Gasso likes lots of Shortstops?? They can go anywhere..........??
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:04 pm You're right. Only Patty knows.
I want it to be 5
but.....
I think it will probably only be 4.
I would like to add both McDaniel and Minor---but may only get one.
Sidebar:
I think it would be easier for an infielder to transition to the outfield (Coleman, Brito, Torres), rather than an outfielder to transition to the infield.
Perhaps that's why Coach Gasso likes lots of Shortstops?? They can go anywhere..........??
EXACTLY!
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

Get Kai Minor and basically completed my wishlist for this class.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

cclift38 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:52 pm Get Kai Minor and basically completed my wishlist for this class.
Gee, picking up Kai Minor or Lexi McDaniel. If that is the choice....what a choice!

I wonder if picking up Parker excludes other pitchers (Presley Harrison, Berkley Zache, Hannah Wells)? I think it does.

That is like being able to have your dessert (Banana Cream Pie with Meringue) after eating the best Chicken Fried Steak and French Fries (Harper's Cafe in Buffalo, OK back in the 70's) in the world.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:58 am
cclift38 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:52 pm Get Kai Minor and basically completed my wishlist for this class.
Gee, picking up Kai Minor or Lexi McDaniel. If that is the choice....what a choice!

I wonder if picking up Parker excludes other pitchers (Presley Harrison, Berkley Zache, Hannah Wells)? I think it does.

That is like being able to have your dessert (Banana Cream Pie with Meringue) after eating the best Chicken Fried Steak and French Fries (Harper's Cafe in Buffalo, OK back in the 70's) in the world.

Boomer Sooner!
Regarding other pitchers, a trusted source on another site that I follow, when someone made the comment after Parker commited saying "I guess we're done with pitchers", the source said "yes".
So it looks like we'll be facing Harrison, Zache, and Wells on other teams. Will be interesting to see where they wind up.

Also, a comment was made about wanting to "find out who the 4th visitor was on 9/4" and the comment was: "taking more visits......wait."
So it may be another week or two before we get resolution there.
Now, to me, it's still up in the air as to whether we take only one fielder or two. One fielder could be taking more visits, but the other one....who might have come this last weekend.....who knows.

And if we should be fortunate enough to get both Minor and McDaniel to add to the three we already have, well, that would be like winning the lottery!

I've never been to Harpers in Buffalo, but I've been to Eischen's in Okarche and they have some mighty fine chicken!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I agree that Eischen's in Okarche is very good.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Go Boomer on Lexi McDaniel!
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

We might be done but I am leaning towards 5 commits. But if we had 6 recruiting visits then maybe 6 is possible.
::rice2:: :dude:
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

I hope everyone realizes this class is insane. If she pulls Minor I don’t know what to say. On paper this might be her best class ever and that’s saying something.
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

56 do you have extra innings latest 25 rankings. I know McDaniel was #1 at one time. Bordi 3? Wells top 5? Parker they are saying #8 but don’t know was service.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is your answer 'TropicalSooner'

In 2023 here were the rankings for EIS and SA

McDaniel = #1 player, #1 MIF by EIS - #14 player, #3 MIF by SA

Bordi = #3 player, #1 Pitcher by EIS - #3 player, #3 Pitcher by SA

Wells = #4 player, #1 C/3B by EIS - #12 player, #2 C/3B by SA

A Parker = #23 player, #8 P/#4 MIF by EIS - #25 player, #5 MIF by SA

In 2022 here were the rankings for EIS and SA (Remember there are ties for most rankings by EIS in 2022.)

Wells = Top 9 player, #3 C/3B by EIS - #16 player, #2 C/3B by SA

Bordi = Top 19 player, #8 Pitcher by EIS - #8 player, #6 Pitcher by SA

McDaniel = top 19 player, #3 MIF by EIS - #14 player, #2 MIF by SA

A Parker = Top 34 player, #11 pitcher, #5 MIF by EIS - Not in the Top 25 which is all that SA ranked in 2025.

In summary, the 2025 Class for OU is very similar to the 2020 Class. Can anyone remember that Class? Jayda Coleman #1, Tiare Jennings #6, Nicole May #7 and Zaida Puni #26 by SA. EIS had them #1, T-#2, T-#6 and #25.

This class is defiantly will be the #1 Class in 2025 for sure.

I will share this also. EIS is currently providing a second ranking of the Class of 2025 due to their computer snafu that they admitted. We could have some changed in the Sooner Commits as a result.

But, BOOMER SOONER!
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

It would be interesting to see if Parker gets a bump in the rankings for getting recruited by OU.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OU_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:55 pm We might be done but I am leaning towards 5 commits. But if we had 6 recruiting visits then maybe 6 is possible.
Tom, I have a trusted insider elsewhere that is indicating that "we're not done yet".
Not sure if one more or two....but super excited.
What an amazing class so far!
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

It seems to me that there was a bit of a slowdown in the portal this year and I think Patty is planning for even more of a slowdown as the extra covid years finally work themselves out of the system. I'm glad she's going back to bringing in high quality HS kids.
High level competition between HS freshmen will bring forth the best players for a championship mindset team if the transfer portal becomes less active, or more restricted, or both.
aka Crimson47