Bottom post of the previous page:

One more week.
Then the Class of '25 Frenzy begins!!

Boomer!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Tomorrow will arrive very soon.

I wonder who Coach Gasso, Coach Rocha and Coach JT and even maybe Coach Aviu will call first tomorrow?

We start learning about the 2025 recruits tomorrow. i hear that there are a few players that will be here this weekend for the football game. I will be going by the softball field about 10 am on Saturday morning. I wonder who I will see riding around in the golf carts.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:17 am Tomorrow will arrive very soon.

I wonder who Coach Gasso, Coach Rocha and Coach JT and even maybe Coach Aviu will call first tomorrow?

We start learning about the 2025 recruits tomorrow. i hear that there are a few players that will be here this weekend for the football game. I will be going by the softball field about 10 am on Saturday morning. I wonder who I will see riding around in the golf carts.
Hope you have a successful intel mission. I was expecting some recruits would come in this weekend---at least the closer Okla ones....let us know what you find out!
Boomer!!
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Maybe you swing by where they keep the trophys.....seems to be a lot of pictures taken around there.....
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:37 am

Maybe you swing by where they keep the trophys.....seems to be a lot of pictures taken around there.....
I think that is in the South End facility in the Palace on the Prairie usually. I don't have a pass for that location. But if you can arrange one, sure....I am there.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

LOL.... ok...yeah...if that drops in my lap--you'll be the first to know!........ :lol:
aka Crimson47
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

I hope we get 5 commits total including 2 pitchers
::rice2:: :dude:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Over the last couple of weeks I've kinda revised my thinking on how many we take this time and I'm becoming more in line with you Tom.

I think we get probably two pitchers--we already have one (Bordi)--a catcher, and a couple of position players. I think everybody we take will have the ability to power the long ball at the plate--including the pitchers.
I've read elsewhere that when Bordi posted her twitter announcement about committing to OU, she was congratulated by Pressley Harrison and also by Allyssa Parker (both pitchers) and she thanked them both. I find that small back and forth interesting and hopeful. I like that Parker is an Oklahoma girl, and Patty has picked up a couple in the '24 class (Helton & McKay) so we'll see if Parker joins them.

I would still like to pick up a catcher--Anna Hinde or Kendall Wells--both are top 10 players I think so either would be good.

Kia Minor would also be a good addition--I believe she was teammates with Sophia on the Batbusters team in travel ball. (They seem to be almost a farm club for the Sooners) I think that would give us a good chance to land Minor.

And probably another position player that swings a big bat. '56 has mentioned Lexi McDaniel and Melody Acevedo both SS's and they would both be great infielders to add. We have picked up some good infielders in the '24 class so another outfielder might not be out of the question--and there we might have a good chance with Ana Roman. All three have been to numerous camps at OU. Of course one thing that Patty does incredibly well is that no matter what position you have played in HS and travel ball, Coach Gasso can make you a star at a totally unrelated position you've never played before.

Like one of our insiders has said, the offers are out there, now it's decision time for the players.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

From what I am have read, let's keep our fingers crossed about Kendall Wells. I remember an article by EIS where Kendall Wells was overflowing with hopes of becoming a Sooner. I hope her desires run deep and that OU sees the worth in Kendall Wells. Wells is another of those Top 15 players in more than one set of rankings over the last two years. She is a C/3B which means she could play 1B and DP. She has a good bat as well.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:53 pm

OU needs a RH pitcher in my thoughts. All 5 pitchers you listed are RH'ers. All five are in the Top 25 in SA's rankings (Aug 2023) with Wells at #1, Zacke at #2, Bordi at #3 and Harrison at #6. Parker is at #25. EIS's rankings (May 2022) had Harrison and Wells as the top 2 in the Top 14 players and Zache and Bordi were in the Top 24 and Parker in the Top 34. EIS is currently announcing their Top 100 for the 2025 Class and will finish on the 18th of Aug.

I think it will boil down to who OU thinks has the biggest upside as a pitcher first. If it is close and the hitting could be a factor, it favors Wells, Bordi, Harrison and Parker. Honestly, I will leave it up to Coach Gasso and Rocha to pick one. I think all of them will be good. But I do think that maybe Harrison or Parker are the best athletes of the five of them. I do wish I knew more about Zache. I think the pitcher with a great % of strikeouts and low walks will favored. I know all of these pitchers have been to an OU Showcase or two except for Zache. She may have but I cannot find that listed. Zache is from South Bend, IN.

I don't know if you saw this......one of the reasons I keep beating a dead horse, I guess.....but it's an interesting article about the Indiana State HS Finals from last year. Audrey Lowry and Berkley Zache were locked in a 9 inning pitchers duel for the state championship. Zache ultimately won. Lowry struck out 22. Zache struck out 20. It's a good read.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/h ... 529924001/

I still think she would make a good backup plan in case things don't work out with Harrison or Parker. I read elsewhere that Parker wants to go to visit Arkansas this coming weekend before deciding....
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:32 pm
OUBeliever56A wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:53 pm OU needs a RH pitcher in my thoughts. All 5 pitchers you listed are RH'ers. All five are in the Top 25 in SA's rankings (Aug 2023) with Wells at #1, Zacke at #2, Bordi at #3 and Harrison at #6. Parker is at #25. EIS's rankings (May 2022) had Harrison and Wells as the top 2 in the Top 14 players and Zache and Bordi were in the Top 24 and Parker in the Top 34. EIS is currently announcing their Top 100 for the 2025 Class and will finish on the 18th of Aug.

I think it will boil down to who OU thinks has the biggest upside as a pitcher first. If it is close and the hitting could be a factor, it favors Wells, Bordi, Harrison and Parker. Honestly, I will leave it up to Coach Gasso and Rocha to pick one. I think all of them will be good. But I do think that maybe Harrison or Parker are the best athletes of the five of them. I do wish I knew more about Zache. I think the pitcher with a great % of strikeouts and low walks will favored. I know all of these pitchers have been to an OU Showcase or two except for Zache. She may have but I cannot find that listed. Zache is from South Bend, IN.
I don't know if you saw this......one of the reasons I keep beating a dead horse, I guess.....but it's an interesting article about the Indiana State HS Finals from last year. Audrey Lowry and Berkley Zache were locked in a 9 inning pitchers duel for the state championship. Zache ultimately won. Lowry struck out 22. Zache struck out 20. It's a good read.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/h ... 529924001/

I still think she would make a good backup plan in case things don't work out with Harrison or Parker. I read elsewhere that Parker wants to go to visit Arkansas this coming weekend before deciding....
Well, Parker is from Pocola, OK which is on the OK-Ark border. It makes sense she would visit both if offered by both. Fayetteville is almost a straight drive from Pocola on a Intestate Road. Norman is almost a straight drive on Hwy 9 but a hour or more longer drive.

I think everything I have read about Zacke and her rankings indicate that is a good choice also. If we get two of any of the 8 or 9 pitchers

There are 8, at least, very good pitching prospects in the Class of 2025. By very good, I mean possible #1 for Top 25 teams. If we get two of any of the 8 or 10 pitchers, Oklahoma should be in very good shape for pitching in 2026 and a few years after.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

All I know is with OU only going to sign 3-5 players that unless Patty told me that she was holding a spot for me that I would have already committed
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUB56---
Is your thoughts on Harrison to Georgia based on some Twitter/IG pics you've seen? Or some other intel that you have?
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Something I see on Twitter (X).
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Any visits this weekend? I assume 2025 recruiting will be over before we figure out what is going on
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OU_Tom wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:03 am Any visits this weekend? I assume 2025 recruiting will be over before we figure out what is going on
Hit the wrong button again.....but hey--thanks for asking the question anyway.
I have not seen or heard anything about any visits this weekend. I've asked on a couple sites away, but nada. I don't even know if we had anybody in town this weekend.
I had heard or read that Allyssa Parker was supposed to visit Arky this weekend--but now that is just an assumption on my part. CD did tweet out a "woo pig" yesterday, and to my relief, it was for Kharmari Hall, another player they were after--not Parker. Beyond that, I got nuthin.
Cclift38 probably knows, or has an idea, but I doubt if he can say if we had anyone here this weekend or not.
Patience is hard, these days..........
aka Crimson47