Upcoming OU vs OSU Clash

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
viacool

Upcoming OU vs OSU Clash

Post by viacool »

For the season OU has committed 23 errors and OSU 29. Close there, although one or two errors in this game could be very costly. Here is what might well give the Sooners the edge: OSU for the season had 393 hits for a BA of .310. OU leads the nation in this category with 468 hits and a BA of .372. But as we all know, stats often go out the window when it comes to the bedlam series, where it ultimately comes down to which team performs best in the moment. And hopefully the Sooners play the best !
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

I have adopted the philosophy that OU's team "imperfections" are still good enough to beat most teams on a given day. I think if the squad plays solid, and in line with their stats in all categories, they will have every chance to win - even with a bobble here and there. Playing OSU is an advantage in that no one will be over-looking them....and there is a Big 12 Regular Season Championship on the line for motivation and focus.

"We play for rings," said Coach Gasso.

The recent series with CFU was like a microcosm of the Sooners this year, in my view. Each game showed both the vulnerabilities and strengths of this group. The ladies showed grit, power, and talent as well as confusion, error, and our soft spots over the weekend.

That's just who they are right now, and I'll take them like that.

Boomer!
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Our players have to realize that they are now in the REAL season. It's mostly been a warm-up for the real deal(of course, no pun intended). Now, they have no excuses to not take their opponent seriously. However, the bigger challenge now is to endeavor to play loose and have fun, in order to not tense up. It's the May-June finale.