UCF game #2 Saturday Apr 27

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
inconnu

UCF game #2 Saturday Apr 27

Post by inconnu »

We win 2-1. Deal pitches well, but hitting kinda meh. Jennings does get a home run!
EMan

Post by EMan »

Still struggling with the off-speed stuff. I know Willis had a tremendous difference in speeds but it feels like the team just isn't picking up that slow stuff at all. As much as she threw it today the Sooners should've been able to torch that pitch on occasion.

The error to open the 7th on Hodge dang near came back to bite them in the rear. That hit by Halajian was about a foot away from tying the game up. Probably got lucky that stayed in the park. But hey, it's a W. Go get the sweep tomorrow.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
viacool

Post by viacool »

Kierston Deal was the real deal for this game but unfortunately, the bats didn't quite deliver. I was on the edge of might seat during the 7th inning but Deal was finally able to shut them down. Too close for comfort to say the least. With the Sooners playing OSU next weekend they need to get those bats working like they were in last nights 10-2 game.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

I didn't get to follow this game. Did UCF have the same pitcher throughout the game? From what I read above, it sounds like we are so far unable to effectively hit off-speed pitches. I am hoping we are able and willing to practice doing that from here on out.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

this was very much like a Super Regional game today. We have to be able to win the 2-1 kind of games going into the off season. So glad Deal was on today. Great matchup between her and Willis. If we ever do figure out off speed pitches, we're gold.
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

All I heard of the game was the last half inning of the game, with UCF getting their one run, and then the end of the game. As soon as the last out was made at first base, with a throw from Jennings. Then Chris Plank says the game is over. Right after that, Franchise 2 radio station cut off the broadcast of our game, and plugged in to something else. So, no post-game broadcast of any kind! Does anyone know why that happened?
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I believe they switched to the Texas Rangers game immediately after the last out. Something I wish broadcasters would do when the game before a Sooners game runs long.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

So there was no post game interview and broadcast of the celebration of Patty Gasso's 1500th win???

Oh Wow! What a disappointment.
aka Crimson47