Other Games Week of 4/23

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Other Games Week of 4/23

Post by TropicalSooner »

The Rajun Cajuns just gave LSU more than they wanted beating them 9-4 in Lafayette, LA.
Ouch!
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

aTm smacked Houston 12-2
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 pm The Rajun Cajuns just gave LSU more than they wanted beating them 9-4 in Lafayette, LA.
Ouch!
Louisiana is making a bid to for a regional seeding.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Florida State is at Florida tonight in a game at 5 PM CST tonight.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 am
TropicalSooner wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 pm The Rajun Cajuns just gave LSU more than they wanted beating them 9-4 in Lafayette, LA.
Ouch!
Louisiana is making a bid to for a regional seeding.
agree with you on this '56. They are putting together a very good resume.
I'm sure you've seen this but for those on this board that don't go over to Robo....there's a bracketology posted there that has the Cajuns as the 16 seed, and would go to Texas for the Super if they win their regional.
I thought that was interesting.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

The Cajuns won their game over the Tigers so convincingly last night, it had me wondering if they have improved that much from earlier in the season or if LSU has just really regressed. I think still Berzon is a very good pitcher, but she just doesn't seem to have the offense nor especially the defense behind her like she needs to have. Just me, though.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 am The Cajuns won their game over the Tigers so convincingly last night, it had me wondering if they have improved that much from earlier in the season or if LSU has just really regressed. I think still Berzon is a very good pitcher, but she just doesn't seem to have the offense nor especially the defense behind her like she needs to have. Just me, though.
The LSU Tigers are interesting. Their offensive numbers are decent but they are leaving 48.3% of their runners on base. WOW! They have scored only 249 runs for 5.4 runs a game. They allow 2.94 runs a game which does not leave much room for mistakes.

Berzon is carrying a big load as she has 142 innings with Lynch and Chaffin having 147 innings combined.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

FL St. clobbered FU 12-3!!!

Hooray for my 2nd favorite team, the fighting Lonnie Alamedas!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

inconnu wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:45 pm FL St. clobbered FU 12-3!!!

With Ava Brown pitching a shutout, Florida led 2-0 through 4 innings. In the top of the 5th, FSU got two straight singles off of Brown and committed an error for one run to score. Florida brought in Wooten to pitch. After an error by Florida, a SAC bunt and an intentional walk, Florida brought in Miller. FSU then went on to score 11 more runs in the inning that included 2 HRs by players that hit their first HR of the season. All the damage was done against the two weak links of the Florida pitching staffs.

I wish I knew why Rothrock was not used by Florida in the game.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 am The Cajuns won their game over the Tigers so convincingly last night, it had me wondering if they have improved that much from earlier in the season or if LSU has just really regressed. I think still Berzon is a very good pitcher, but she just doesn't seem to have the offense nor especially the defense behind her like she needs to have. Just me, though.
On Wednesday, Louisiana defeated McNeese State 5-4. Imagine the contrast. The Rajin Cajuns beat LSU 9-4 on Tuesday and then McNeese just 5-4 on Wednesday.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am

With Ava Brown pitching a shutout, Florida led 2-0 through 4 innings. In the top of the 5th, FSU got two straight singles off of Brown and committed an error for one run to score. Florida brought in Wooten to pitch. After an error by Florida, a SAC bunt and an intentional walk, Florida brought in Miller. FSU then went on to score 11 more runs in the inning that included 2 HRs by players that hit their first HR of the season. All the damage was done against the two weak links of the Florida pitching staffs.

I do not know why Rothrock was not used, but Florida does have a 3 game series with Georgia starting tomorrow (Fri), and I would expect she will get the start on both Friday and Sunday. Perhaps starting Wed night against Fla St, who's not in their conference anyway, might have been a bit too much. Just my thoughts.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 am

I do not know why Rothrock was not used, but Florida does have a 3 game series with Georgia starting tomorrow (Fri), and I would expect she will get the start on both Friday and Sunday. Perhaps starting Wed night against Fla St, who's not in their conference anyway, might have been a bit too much. Just my thoughts.
Brown pitched well through 4 innings and had a little trouble to open the 5th. Not going to Rothrock at that point was what I questioned. I thought starting Brown made sense. Wooten has not been good all season. Miller has had her moments, but not many.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

You can tell which game Florida values by who they start in the circle. Starting Brown is a sign they valued the Georgia games more.