Spencer Rattler a great young man & QB

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Fly

Spencer Rattler a great young man & QB

Post by Fly »

I remember Spenser first year he was every fans hero, # one HS QB coming in. The kid had the talent no question Riley brought him
In his first year. Problem was he had a so, so, offensive line that did help him that much. Even so being young & inexperienced he did
A very good job. We a pretty good year, considering. The following year everyone had high expectations as we always do.we also had
Recruited a kid named Caleb Williams another number one HS QB . But again our OL line was very thing & not very good. We were so
so going in to Cotton Bowel game with
:horns: Texass. They had watch hours of film on our offense & saw weak we were up front in pass protection going in. Well the rest
Was history the horns put pressure on Rattlers every play. Our fan even turned on the kid calling for true freshman Caleb. Well Riley
had to do something & in comes Caleb. Texas had not prepared for a runner as him & he shredded the defensive scheme. Everyone is
Happy. Our fans booing Rattler every game after calling for Caleb. Never have I been so ashamed of our fan base. I even argued with
some on there form to no prevail.But being how it all came now I understood why many of our fans did what they did. But Rattler went
His way to another program in a rebuilding stage, & in the end proving his worth after all. Here is a good interview with him ! I wish him the best in the NFL & will always be a fan of his!🪰 FLY :BV:

:ou:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

That RRR where Caleb came in for Rattler was back in the day when StinkinLinkin used simple hand signals to call the offensive plays. you could pick them up watching on TV. For example the GT pull was Linking putting his thumb under his chin and waggling his fingers and the direction was which hand he used. Go back and look. Texass was beating the hell out of Rattler because they knew which play was coming every time…. :hornsburning:

When Caleb came in he was successful because he never did the play that was called, he improvised partly out of necessity ,partly because he didn’t know the plays yet. In any case it allowed Caleb to make the comeback win. That was the biggest win in Calebs entire career….and with that win Caleb will always be a Sooner….. :ou:

As far as Rattler I always thought he was one of if not the most accurate QB to play at OU.Rattler can accurately pass 70 yards on the fly, or sidearm the ball under a defender to hit the WR…. Rattler just needs a decent OC and QB coach and about a year to learn the new system and he will do very well in the nfl….
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Was always a fan of Rattler.The Biotch out West railroaded him out.Wonder what would have happened if Williams would never had come along?
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
captnop

Post by captnop »

I never booed Rattler, I was wanting Caleb to play, thats because the OL protection was so bad I didn't want Spence to get hurt. I felt at that point the only qb with a shot was one that was mobile. I think WITH a decent OL Rattler is a better passing QB than Caleb.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Ya Rattler never got to really show off what a great passer he was. He really was not a bad runner, enough to make some first downs
If he was not running for his life back there. He may turn out to be one good NFL QB.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: