"Game of The Century" were you there?

This forum has a collection of posts of great moments in Sooner history
pippen

Post by pippen »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yes, I was there with my Dad. It's definitely one of the "old wounds" that have never healed. 1965 and 1966 Aggie games are the oldest - they've scarred over fairly well since then, but we still hates them forever. 1966 Notre Dame was the deepest, but is much less bothersome since 2013. We hates them forever too.
ColleyvilleSooner

Post by ColleyvilleSooner »

pippen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:16 pm Yes, I was there with my Dad. It's definitely one of the "old wounds" that have never healed. 1965 and 1966 Aggie games are the oldest - they've scarred over fairly well since then, but we still hates them forever. 1966 Notre Dame was the deepest, but is much less bothersome since 2013. We hates them forever too.
I was only 8 and got real nervous during games but for some reason I took that loss pretty well. I have no idea why, maybe my age. The ones which haunt me the most include losing to Nebraska in Lincoln in 1978 when Billy Sims fumbled near the Nebraska goal line late in the game. We were the better team and best in the nation. Polls in those days punished late losses so we didn't win the NC we should have won. The other is the 2008 season NC game loss to Florida. Florida had exceptional talent, but our high speed hurry up offense baffled everyone and if we had played them in the regular season we would have won. But they had a month to prepare and we also lost DeMarco Murray to an injury in the conference title game. Florida gave us so many opportunities in the first half but we could not convert. Winning a NC in 2008 would have me feeling a lot better today since it's not a full generation from our one in 2000.