A Few Other Games of Nat'l Interest--Weekend of 3/22 - 3/24

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

A Few Other Games of Nat'l Interest--Weekend of 3/22 - 3/24

Post by TropicalSooner »

How about UCLA at Washington
Here is where we find out if there is any fight in the Bruins to try to take back the last season of the PAC12. Washington and Stanford were in most peoples minds to vie for the conference. The Bruins stand at 17-6 through the non-conference schedule and only one conference series where they won 3 games against a weakened Utah (17-11) team. Expect to see the Meylan / Tinsley matchup here. Maybe twice. The rubber match may rest on their #2's--Sidne Peters v Kaitlyn Terry. For better or worse, I'm going with Peters and Washington to take the series.

While we're out in the PAC12, there's Stanford and Utah.
I'm expecting Stanford to sweep the series, but of interest to me is how many more innings does Canady get. She has already thrown 84 innings. At what point this year does fatigue begin to show up?

SEC-- LSU at Missouri
Which Tiger is for real and which one is a paper tiger?

Georgia v Ole Miss
Was Ole Miss a flash in the pan last weekend? or will they give the Bulldogs something to worry about too?

Florida v Kentucky
Gotta go with Florida on this one---their two freshmen pitchers are finding themselves and Kentucky continues to wander around in no mans land--I don't know why: Schoonover is a quality pitcher--she beat Canady heads up. But there's not a lot behind her I guess.

Any other games out there of interest to you?
Feel Free to list them here so we can all follow along with you.
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Many good games this weekend. Might shuffle the rankings a lot.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I would add the VA Tech at Alabama series for a cross-conference series with the ACC and SEC.

I might add the Kentucky at Florida and the Auburn at A&M SEC series also.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

How about UCLA at Washington
Here is where we find out if there is any fight in the Bruins to try to take back the last season of the PAC12. Washington and Stanford were in most peoples minds to vie for the conference. The Bruins stand at 17-6 through the non-conference schedule and only one conference series where they won 3 games against a weakened Utah (17-11) team. Expect to see the Meylan / Tinsley matchup here. Maybe twice. The rubber match may rest on their #2's--Sidne Peters v Kaitlyn Terry. For better or worse, I'm going with Peters and Washington to take the series.

Game 1: UW 6 UCLA 5

While we're out in the PAC12, there's Stanford and Utah.
I'm expecting Stanford to sweep the series, but of interest to me is how many more innings does Canady get. She has already thrown 84 innings. At what point this year does fatigue begin to show up?

Game 1: Stanford 5 Utah 3 Canady CG but only 2 K's though

SEC-- LSU at Missouri
Which Tiger is for real and which one is a paper tiger?

Game 1: MO 10 LSU 9

Georgia v Ole Miss
Was Ole Miss a flash in the pan last weekend? or will they give the Bulldogs something to worry about too?

Game 1: Ppd to today - DH - Rain

Florida v Kentucky
Gotta go with Florida on this one---their two freshmen pitchers are finding themselves and Kentucky continues to wander around in no mans land--I don't know why: Schoonover is a quality pitcher--she beat Canady heads up. But there's not a lot behind her I guess.

Game 1: Fla 10 KY 2

Also:

Bama 1 VT 0

aTm 5 Auburn 1
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

SEC:

Mississippi State beat Arkansas 5-1. Does MSU have something going?

Rothrock just keeps pitching for Florida.

ACC:

Virginia defeated Clemson (w Cagle) 6-4.

I thought it was interesting that (UCLA) Tinsley and (Wash) Meylan did not pitch well in their starts. Nerves?