Other B12 Conf Games Weekend of 3/21 - 3/24 -- Anything of Interest to You??

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Other B12 Conf Games Weekend of 3/21 - 3/24 -- Anything of Interest to You??

Post by TropicalSooner »

Besides the OU / Baylor series, we have these matchups also:

OSU at BYU Thu 3/21 - Sat 3/23 Can BYU sneak a game away from the Cowgirls? I hadn't thought so until Tulsa grabbed one Tuesday night. Now I'm not so sure.

Kansas at Houston Can Kansas continue their surprising winning ways?

Texas at UCF Here is where we find out if Cindy Ball-Malone's UCF Knights will challenge the top of the B12. They failed against OSU in Stillwater but this series is in Orlando.

T Tech at Iowa State This one is Pick-em to me
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

"T Tech at Iowa State This one is Pick-em to me." -Tropical

Rub-a-dub dubs, diamond full of scrubs!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Cowgirls strike first winning game one 3-2 over BYU out in Provo.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The first game at BYU ended up with OSU winning 3-2 behind a 2 run HR by Godwin in the first inning. OSU scored 3 tuns in the first against a BYU team that has allowed 63 runs in two series in Big 12 play to Tech and Texas. OSU scored 3 runs on 3 hits with 6 walks.

Is the OSU offense this weak or is the BYU pitching suddenly very good? Yes, anything can happen in one game. I will be watching the next two.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OSU at BYU Thu 3/21 - Sat 3/23 Can BYU sneak a game away from the Cowgirls? I hadn't thought so until Tulsa grabbed one Tuesday night. Now I'm not so sure. THUR: OSU 3 BYU 2 FRI: Cougars bounce back--win 11-8. Are the Cowgirls in danger of losing this series???

Kansas at Houston Can Kansas continue their surprising winning ways? Yep--at least for game one. FRI: KU wins 4-3

Texas at UCF Here is where we find out if Cindy Ball-Malone's UCF Knights will challenge the top of the B12. They failed against OSU in Stillwater but this series is in Orlando. FRI: Texas is tough--beat UCF 5-0. Kavan CG shutout for the win. 4 K's

T Tech at Iowa State This one is Pick-em to me. ALL GAMES CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW. No Idea if they will be able to find a date to make these up. This may have a very raw impact on Tech's post season hopes.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In other games in the Big 12 Softball world, there was on upset on Friday.

Out in Provo, UT, BYU defeated Oklahoma State 11-8 as BYU scored 10 runs in the first 3 innings against the Cowgirls with Aycock in the circle. On Thursday, OSU won a low scoring game 3-2 behind Kilfoyl in the circle and Godwin with a 2-run HR. Those two games put their Big 12 records at 6-2 for OSU and 2-6 for BYU.

In Houston, Kansas won the first game 4-3 with Hamilton once again picking up a win for the Jayhawks. Kansas is now 5-2 with Houston at 2-5.

In Orlando, Texas defeated UCF 5-0. Texas is now 6-1 and UCF is 2-5.

As you know OU won 8-1 over Baylor and is 7-0 while Baylor drops to a 1-6 record in the Big 12.

Up in Ames, IA the weather gods blessed Iowa with about 7 or 8 inches of snow. That cancelled the series in Ames. They plans are to figure out how to reschedule the games and play them somehow. Those plans have not been made yet.

STANDINGS
OU 7-0
Texas 6-1
OSU 6-2
Kansas 5-2
Texas Tech and Iowa State 2-4
Houston and UCF 2-5
BYU 2-6
Baylor 1-6
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Jayhawks are my biggest surprise this year. Glad to see softball picking up steam out there in Lawrence!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OSU at BYU Thu 3/21 - Sat 3/23 Can BYU sneak a game away from the Cowgirls? I hadn't thought so until Tulsa grabbed one Tuesday night. Now I'm not so sure. THUR: OSU 3 BYU 2 FRI: Cougars bounce back--win 11-8. SAT: OSU Runrules BYU 10-2 in 6 innings. Takes Series 2-1

Kansas at Houston Can Kansas continue their surprising winning ways? Yep--at least for game one. FRI: KU wins 4-3 SAT: KU wins 11-4 SUN: KU wins 2-1 Sweeping the series with Houston. Who knew the Jayhawks would be 22-8-1 and 7-2 Conf at this point in the season? Are the Jayhawks secretly good?? Jr Pitcher Katie Brooks 10-2 has become a real gem for the Jayhawks.

Texas at UCF Here is where we find out if Cindy Ball-Malone's UCF Knights will challenge the top of the B12. They failed against OSU in Stillwater but this series is in Orlando. FRI: Texas is tough--beat UCF 5-0. Kavan CG shutout for the win. 4 K's. SAT: Texas wins 4-2 Czech with the win SUN: Texas wins 3-1 Morgan with the win. To nobody's real surprise, the whorns sweep the Knights in Orlando. Texas now 28-3 on the year.

T Tech at Iowa State This one is Pick-em to me. ALL GAMES CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW. No Idea if they will be able to find a date to make these up. This may have a very raw impact on Tech's post season hopes.
Still no word on if these games will be made up at a later date.
aka Crimson47