Other Games

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Bottom post of the previous page:

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am RE: Tex St
It seems to me that Jessica Mullins is the real deal. 14-3 on the season so far with .93 era and 103 Ks/ 17 FBs / 104 IP.
They're in the SunBelt Conf along with the Ragin Cajuns (Apr12-14) and they play Texas on Wed Apr 10th in Austin. That might be a fun one to watch.
Still, we need to be careful if they are sent to Norman for a regional.
The only time we have faced Mullins, I think that is right, we hit her hard down in Houston in 2022. Their fans were ready for a big win and hated the umpire behind home plate when any pitch was not called a strike.

I will say this, If she was in the portal, she would be a good pickup with the typical OU defense behind her. But I think this year is her final year.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:19 am
TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am RE: Tex St
It seems to me that Jessica Mullins is the real deal. 14-3 on the season so far with .93 era and 103 Ks/ 17 FBs / 104 IP.
They're in the SunBelt Conf along with the Ragin Cajuns (Apr12-14) and they play Texas on Wed Apr 10th in Austin. That might be a fun one to watch.
Still, we need to be careful if they are sent to Norman for a regional.
The only time we have faced Mullins, I think that is right, we hit her hard down in Houston in 2022. Their fans were ready for a big win and hated the umpire behind home plate when any pitch was not called a strike.

I will say this, If she was in the portal, she would be a good pickup with the typical OU defense behind her. But I think this year is her final year.
I was thinking the same thing so I went and looked her up and yeah, she's a 4th Senior--Coleman class, if you will.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 am Four Softball games of note on Wednesday 3/20

First up is the South Carolina at Clemson game. SC 6 Clemson 4 in 12 innings.
  • Vawter outpitched a trio of Clemson pitchers over 12 innings as Vawter pitched a CG Win. Spencer, Millie Thompson and McCubbin pitched for Clemson. It is interesting that Valerie Cagle has not pitched since the 9th of March and has not played since the 13th. that is a week of not playing. I can not find anything as to why. South Carolina is 22-7 and Clemson is 21-7.
Next is Missouri at Kansas. Missouri 3 Kansas 2.
  • Kansas trailed 3-0 going into the bottom of the 7th. Kansas scored 2 unearned runs with 2 outs to make the score 3-2 before Missouri got the final out with the tying run on 1st base.
Next is Texas State hosting Texas A&M. Texas State 4 Texas A&M 3.
  • Mullins pitched Texas State past A&M as she pitched a CG W against the Aggies. With Mullins in the circle, the Bobcats should not be overlooked. Texas State scored 2 runs in the bottom of the inning to win the game with the winning run scoring on an error.
The final game is Texas at Florida State. Texas 10 FSU 0.
  • Florida State has to have Reid pitch well against the better teams. Last night Texas scored 6 runs on 7 hits in 2 innings against Reid. Game over. FSU is not the same FSU this year due to their pitching not being up to the expectations in any way.
In a chat group on another board, a poster referenced a tweet by a Clemson person that Cagle has been sick. I think she was with the team yesterday, but probably doesn't have her strength back yet. All third party hearsay, but that's all I've seen. Lots of folks have commented that she'd been out.
aka Crimson47