SEC Championship Game

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
MsProudSooner

SEC Championship Game

Post by MsProudSooner »

In case you missed it, there was a 20 minute delay with 2 minutes to go in the South Carolina vs LSU game. There was an intentional foul on an LSU player followed by pushing and fighting. One South Carolina player was ejected. They finished the game with no subs for either team because all the players on the bench left the bench area. South Carolina held on to the lead and won.

I didn't watch every minute of the game. The announcers said at one point that there had been a lot of talking back and forth in a 'very physical' game. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The officials could curb a lot of this early in the game if they would simply do their jobs. Don't let it get too physical. Don't tolerate mouthy players. If it means the excessively physical players end up sitting out early in the game due to too many fouls, so be it.
EMan

Post by EMan »

I know there's a ton of bad blood between the two programs, and quite frankly, IMO it's a reflection of the two head coaches. Neither Staley nor Mulkey will be accused of having much class as far as I'm concerned. They're both great coaches as far as Wins and Losses go, but neither is exactly a role model for sportsmanship. Just my opinion.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

EMan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:10 pm I know there's a ton of bad blood between the two programs, and quite frankly, IMO it's a reflection of the two head coaches. Neither Staley nor Mulkey will be accused of having much class as far as I'm concerned. They're both great coaches as far as Wins and Losses go, but neither is exactly a role model for sportsmanship. Just my opinion.
I completely agree about Mulkey. I really haven't seen enough of Staley's teams to form an opinion.

Mulkey is a coach who has little to no control over her own emotions and recruits players who are like her.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

I did watch the second half of that game.....a very chippy game. All I could think of was "this is the SEC Championship Game".....I really don't think "sportsmanship" is a word in their vocabulary.