Sooner Women's Basketball plays TCU in Quarters Sat @ 1:30 PM

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Sooner Women's Basketball plays TCU in Quarters Sat @ 1:30 PM

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Big 12 regular season Champs, Oklahoma Sooners will play TCU today in the Big 12 Tourney at 1:30 PM in Kansas City. The Sooners defeated TCU earlier in the season by 17 points in Norman. The Sooners have won their last 6 games vs TCU.

With TCU playing only 6 or 7 players most of the second half of the season and only playing 6 yesterday in their win over Texas Tech, the Sooners running game and pace of play could wear TCU down as the game plays out. If OU can play their fast paced game and take care of the ball they should wear down TCU in the second half. But TCU does have a good 6'6" post playing in Prince. They will have to defend her in the half-court game and do that without numerous fouls. By playing 10 or 11 players, Oklahoma also has an advantage in the game with their depth.

Here is the Sooner staff wrtiers about the game today versus TCU.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/3/8/ ... gainst-tcu

There are 'capsules' in the article to listen on radio, watch on ESPN+ and to watch Live Stats.

Good luck to the Sooners today!

Boomer Sooner!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I am not happy with today’s schedule!

Predators hockey 11:30
Men @ Texas 1:00
Women Big 12 tourney 1:30
Softball 2:00

Looks like I’ll be 3-wide on screens for a period this afternoon.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TN Sooner wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:11 am I am not happy with today’s schedule!

The Oklahoma Sporting Calendar is very busy today. It is very tough to see or follow it all.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:45 am
TN Sooner wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:11 am I am not happy with today’s schedule!

The Oklahoma Sporting Calendar is very busy today. It is very tough to see or follow it all.
I had to use my TV, my phone and my iPad!

Great game from Sahara Williams today. She seems to like the challenge of playing against a girl who is 6''7" tall!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Regular Season Champs, Oklahoma Sooners, won their quarterfinals game over TCU yesterday by the score of 69-53 behind the strong play of Sahara Williams and Lexi Keyes who combined for 28 points on 9 of 16 shots including 4 of 6 three-pointers. Williams was also 6 of 6 on free shots and added 8 rebounds.

I was at the softball DHer yesterday but with some help from friends in Section 1, we tracked the game on Live Stats. It seemed that as the game played out, OU generally just increased their lead until they earned the win. Payton Verhulst added 8 points with 5 rebounds, 3 blocks and 5 assists for Oklahoma. Skylar Vann aded 7 points and 7 rebounds while Nevaeh Tot provided 3 points, and 2 assists as the 5th starter and conductor of the Sooner offense.

Aubrey Joens added 9 points with two 3's and 4 rebounds, Reyna Scott added 6 points and 3 assists. Kiersten Johnson and Beatrice Culliton added 6 points combined and 7 rebounds in 21 minutes. Tucker Kennedy played strong defense I am sure in her 11 minutes with 3 rebounds.

Oklahoma shot just about 41.7% from the field with 42.1% from 3-point territory. They outrebounded TCU 46 to 35 also. Oklahoma handled Prince inside for TCU as she was only 5 of 15 from the field and scored 14 points.

Everything seemed like it was just as it should be for the Sooners in their win. Here is the Sooner staff wrtiers article about the Sooner win on Saturday.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/3/9/ ... -semifinal

The Sooners are now in the semi-finals of the Big 12 Tourney and will play Iowa State on Monday at 1:30 PM. The crowd will likely lean towards I-State as they travel well to KC. Iowa State defeated Baylor on Saturday 67-62. Oklahoma take a 22-8 record into the game while Iowa State is 19-10.

This season Oklahoma defeated I-State in Ames 86-72 behind a good first of play by the Sooners. Verhulst led the way for the Sooners in the game with 25 points with 6 three's in the game. I think the Sooners can handle the Cyclones on a neutral court also in Kansas City. The Sooners just need to push the ball up the floor and shoot well. If they do that, the big for I-State, Crooks, may be run out of the game for someone more mobile. But the Sooners will have to concentrate on Crooks in the half court game on defense.

Good luck to the Sooners on Monday.

Boomer Sooner!