Will Caleb Williams be a "Bust"?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MNSooner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.
...A post like yours should always have the addendum IMO, (In My Opinion). Because opinions vary MNS!
I respect your opinion, & respect your right to express it...but (I for one) sure as hell don't share it!

Superman WAS a GREAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER! No disputing that.
The question (the subject of the OP) is whether his skill set will translate to success in the Sunday Game.

You clearly believe it will.
Personally, I have my doubts and so do a lot of others. Some with bona fide NFL credentials.

Why don't we establish a baseline comparison with the first 5 years of former SOONER QB Kyler Murray's pro career.
I think 5 years is a fair standard to judge the success or failure of a players pro career.
And Murray was a Heisman winner and has a lot of the same skills. IMO, Murray HAS been a successful NFL QB, but hasn't enjoyed the winning he did in HS and college.
So, here are Murray's total numbers after 5 years
W-L 28-36 COMP % 66.6 PASSING YDS 15647 PASS TDS 94 INT 46 RUSHING YDS 2448 RUSH AVG 5.8 RUSH LONGEST 57 RUSH TD'S 26 SACKED 149 SACK YDS 1082 FUMBLES 42 LOST 8 QB RATING 92.2

If CW can equal or surpass Murray's numbers in his first 5 years, then I WAS WRONG!
If he doesn't then...YOU'RE WRONG!

No sour grapes here...just an objective ""show me" attitude.

(Your "d*ck head comment...takes one to know one, juvenile.) :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

MNSooner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm Caleb is a generational talent. If I get $10 mil NIL to leave OU and go to USC, I’d do the same thing. You don’t turn down life changing money. He’s gonna be a number 1 pick. It’s extremely hard to be a number 1 pick. Overall he seems like a good guy and he was good for OU. These stories about him being prima are a bunch of B.S. Quit being such sour grape dick head.
This post is perfectly fine and a valid point of view......right up until the last sentence. Why did you feel that was necessary? You don't throw personal insults around over on the softball board. Why come over here and do it?

Bad form, MNSooner. I expect better than that from you.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Well said Chinaman & SE, Very true, everyone opinion is welcome until it becomes a attack on another poster. I must agree with
Chinaman on the stile of QB Caleb & Murray in NFL. I did not believe that in the past. I thought Murray would make a much bigger
Impact then he did. Oh he has been a very good QB no question but that because of his passing more than his running. Now looking
at Caleb in comparison. Comparing the two, Murray is the better passer of the two. Is Caleb the better runner of the two? Maybe
but if so not by much if any. I would think if you say CW was the better runner it would be he has a little better strength inside
running. But passing he has a great long pass, but is inconsistent at short passing. One reason he is not that great reading Defense.
He is unsure of making a short pass, in heavy coverage & will pull up and try to run it. I just do not think that will work with the talent
the NFL defenses have. He may not do as well as Murray if I,m right. We will see, but that,s my two cents for what it is worth.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: