Soonersports.com

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ousbfan

Soonersports.com

Post by ousbfan »

All the games this weekend on the OU schedule were listed as on ESPN+, now it's changed that 3 of the games on on Soonersports.com.
Seems like last year it was Soonervision which also showed on Espn. If I'm wrong then where do you watch the game on soonersport.com.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

An easy way to get to the game is this.....

Go to the OU Softball Schedule Page on SoonerSports.com

https://soonersports.com/sports/softbal ... h=softball

Go down to the games against Central Arkansas and Lamar this weekend and select the 'capsule' for "SoonerSports.com".

It will take you to the location for the game.

You may need a subscription to SoonerSports.com.

I hope this helps.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

If you go to the schedule page for OU softball, this is what you see (see screenshot) for each game.

Just click the camera icon for SoonerSports.com when the game is live and you can watch it.

There is no longer a subscription for SoonerSports.tv/com - the subscription model went away when we moved most of our content to ESPN+.

The reason these games are SoonerSports instead of ESPN plus - the tv rights initially belong to mcneese state (as the home/host team) and they only broadcast their own games to ESPN+, so the rights to the game revert to OU - why OU can’t/wont put these games on ESPN+ - I don’t know. But the benefit - you don’t need a ESPN+ subscription to watch on SoonerSports.

And - it is cheesy/low-rent for mcneese to host a tournament and not air all the games on their own platform.
Attachments
IMG_0413.png
IMG_0413.png (687.86 KiB) Viewed 320 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Two minds think alike. One has pictures though!
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

There is a minimum quality standard for a stream to get on ESPN+. OU probably needs to rent McNeese’s production facility and camera crews to have a stream on ESPN+ for the other 3 games. Same thing (only host’s game on espn+) happened last year at the Baylor tournament, Mississippi state tournament, the hall of fame tournament at OKC, and I think the OU tournament as well.
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

Thanks all for the information, excited for game to get here!
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Okay, OU vs McNeese State is now on, and OU is up 2-1 in the 2nd inning. I'm listening on the Franchise radio. Chris is the announcer, and he's by himself today. Maxwell pitching, getting them out quickly, except for the homer in the first inning. Two down now.