Nebraska - Washington

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

Nebraska - Washington

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I'm trying to follow just to see how this one plays out. I still say Jordy has the entire weight of the Nebraska program on her shoulders. She is a once in a lifetime talent and she may very well thrive in that spot, but I can't help feeling like that is a ton of weight for her to carry.

Even in the pregame interview the coach re-iterated with pride my very comment that Jordy is carrying the entire program. I will root for Jordy as she is a great kid and an amazing talent. Just hope the expectations don't bog her down any.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

0-0 entering the top of the 2nd inning. Jordy pitched in the bottom of the 1st, but struggled a bunch, taking about 40 pitches to retire three Washington hitters.

It's early, but there is a possibility that before the end of the season that Jordy has a few, "I wonder if?" moments.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I just hope the Nebraska fan base is patient. I remember early last year Jordy took awhile to get into WCWS shape. I think it can not be stated enough the confidence OU's defense gives it's pitchers. Of course our offense is also a huge confidence booster. I'm not sure people give the combination enough credit at all for complimentary great pitching - but I do think that is what makes pitchers better when they get to OU.

I do think if Jordy isn't just amazing at Nebraska, the murmuring of "it was OU that made her great" may start.
Last edited by SoonerGirl1201 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

Off the field I certainly wish nothing but good things for Jordy. When it's game time however, I'm rooting for Neb's opposition.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

soonerTroll2 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:47 pm Off the field I certainly wish nothing but good things for Jordy. When it's game time however, I'm rooting for Neb's opposition.
Make no mistake - I want OU to dominate and couldn't care less about other teams really. Just curious to see how Jordy fares in Nebraska. So far the first start is a little shaky.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:50 pm
soonerTroll2 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:47 pm Off the field I certainly wish nothing but good things for Jordy. When it's game time however, I'm rooting for Neb's opposition.
Make no mistake - I want OU to dominate and couldn't care less about other teams really. Just curious to see how Jordy fares in Nebraska. So far the first start is a little shaky.

Yep, pretty shaky. I'll be surprised if she lasts more than 4 or 5 innings, what with the pitch count.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Yikes - turned ugly fast. Jordy slipped and appeared to slightly injure herself apparently (didn't see, just heard from the radio call and was pulled out of the game) and the score was I think 3-0 Washington. After Jordy left the game, Nebraska brings in a Frosh pitcher who gives up a 3 run homer, and it is already 6-0 Washington. Nebraska with another pitching change.....I'll stop listening and hope Jordy is okay.

I will continue to say they put way too much pressure on Jordy as the savior of Nebraska softball......
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

I remember her saying that it was too much pressure to repeat when she was here. It has to be less pressure when you’re at OU. With Nebraska, you might not have the defense or the number 2 pitcher to back you up. You have much more pressure in your home state.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Jordy was limping pretty badly as she left the game. She never took her mask off, but you could see her face was showing pain and emotion. No good replay of the actual<incident. I hope it’s not serious.

Jordy gave up 3 (all earned, I think) in 2.1 innings.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Nebraska proceeded to implode and gave up 3 more, down 6-0.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

I ran the video stream back to replay the pitch where she injured herself. It appeared that she might've came down with her plant foot a little toe down, perhaps twisted her leg as a result. I would think that they would show a replay, but so far they have not.

She was having an atypical game before that, now with the injury, not good news.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

BudaSooner wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:32 pm I ran the video stream back to replay the pitch where she injured herself. It appeared that she might've came down with her plant foot a little toe down, perhaps twisted her leg as a result. I would think that they would show a replay, but so far they have not.

She was having an atypical game before that, now with the injury, not good news.
Flo sucks massive a$$ at replaying anything. :smokingmad:
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

One should never benefit from screwing over OU!
SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

Jordy was a major contributor to two Natties for OU. That earns her having me rooting for only the best for her, excepting against OU.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Could be a serious injury for Bahl, let's all hope for the best and she can recover quickly.