Caleb Williams

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

Caleb Williams

Post by WishBone »

Wonder if TBow headed to the Bears Also?
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

I'm not trying to defend the guy or anything like that, but it was nice gesture to include Sooner fans in his farewell address. Considering the opinions expressed by many, but certainly not all OU fans about CW, it is somewhat surprising he addressed the issue. He could have addressed only usc fans, not said anything else, and no one would have thought much of it. I think it proves he has no hard feelings towards most of the OU fanbase for any negative stuff that may have reached him via social media from that segment of Sooner Nation.
Living the dream…
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

I agree KJ ..........I just think possibly the Kid is misled amnd misrepresented.....dont know ,just a thought
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

WishBone wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:09 pm I agree KJ ..........I just think possibly the Kid is misled amnd misrepresented.....dont know ,just a thought
Yeah, misled by the Pied Piper, a.k.a. LR.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Well we will always have the big comeback in the RRR that Caleb gave us……

CW has that going for him forever……

Looks like CW is #1 pick again and heading to Chicago which got pick 1 from a worse team by trade…so at least CW will not be on the worst nfl team…….. :ou: :ou:
captnop

Post by captnop »

WishBone wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:09 pm I agree KJ ..........I just think possibly the Kid is misled amnd misrepresented.....dont know ,just a thought
Daddy Carl runs the show...
SoonerinLA

Post by SoonerinLA »

I forgave Caleb when he stayed and played in our bowl game.
:horns:
captnop

Post by captnop »

SoonerinLA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:47 pm I forgave Caleb when he stayed and played in our bowl game.
Same here, not real fond of his Daddy, I think kid will be ok if he can get away from him. Bob Stoops is the ONLY coach, Win a bowl game with Caleb Williams. :BV: :BV: I like that stat. Wonder if he had any regrets following Muleshoe?
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

captnop wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:17 pm
SoonerinLA wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:47 pm I forgave Caleb when he stayed and played in our bowl game.
Same here, not real fond of his Daddy, I think kid will be ok if he can get away from him. Bob Stoops is the ONLY coach, Win a bowl game with Caleb Williams. :BV: :BV: I like that stat. Wonder if he had any regrets following Muleshoe?
I agree.....I wonder if Caleb could have had it all....both Trophies (Heisman & Natty).....had he not gone out west. If Caleb doesn't go, I don't think the other Sooners would have either. He might have come up short on the NIL and commercials.....all the things Daddy Carl cared about!
:deadhorse:
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...not me!

HE ABANDONED OKLAHOMA FOR MULESHI* & THE PROPHYLACTICS!
Then the whole "painting F U on his fingernails, taunting opposing players during games, pouting like a 5th grade girl after losses, and running to mama in the stands," tore it for me with Superman forever.

I give him credit for the comeback win at the Cotton Bowl, but even though he temporarily stayed for the Bowl Game with Bob Stoops...I think he had already decided to go west.
Not a fan! :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Fly

Post by Fly »

Well I agree with Captnop about CW father. He would have never left us, if not for his agent father & Muleshoe. Those two saw a
chance to cash in on Caleb talent. He was just a kid, & still is so to speak. I can,t hold that against him. He has gotten into him self
wa to much but who of us would not with all the press praising him every day. Life as you all know is a journey, & I doubt most living
In his world would have not followed the same path. If blame is to be passed on, I blame his father. He,s the one that let this happen.

This whole thing reminds me of Marcus Dupree all over again.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

Caleb came to OU to play for LINCOLN whats his name-I thought all along that he would follow him to any other college job. That was his intent all along. '
But I sat in the Cotton Bowl and watched him LEAD the team to an amazing comeback against the :horns: That alone means I won't ever dislike him. And as mentioned above, he stayed for the bowl and we would have been in bad shape without him-Rattler had left. So I may not be his biggest fan, but will and do wish him well
Fly

Post by Fly »

Mike I,m with you on that Texas win. Texas had prepared for Rattler, not Caleb which worked out for us. Two completely different
Style of QBs. Plus our OL was not that seasoned & had pour Rattler running for his life. When Caleb came in & killed them with
his running Ability there defense could not adjust & the rest is history. I often wonder what could have been if Caleb had stayed? I can
say this, he would most likely have two heisman trophies & gone much higher in the NFL than at USC. (Again thanks Pop).

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

No hard feeling for Caleb Williams with me.

I was pretty disappointed he didn't stay. I had a feeling he was starting to see OU as his school, program and team.........taking a proud and protective ownership like Baker did when he first arrived. Anyway, and like others have stated, I also believe whether he stayed or left for USC was entirely (or almost so) dictated by Papa. If OU had ponied up the NIL money to keep him, which had to be exorbitant, then both Papa and Caleb are perfectly happy to stay in Norman. Maybe not, though. Papa could've used any offer by OU to get a larger counter-off from the Rubbersocks. I mean, how do we know that didn't happen, and when Papa came back to OU asking for a counter-counter offer, OU said no. Could've happened......who knows? Whatever the case, it was strange that Caleb hung around so long after the bowl game instead of immediately following Riley if that was what Caleb really wanted first and foremost.

I wish nothing for him but the success he deserves, and that is something still waiting to be written. He's got to go earn it. As incredibly talented Caleb is, that alone isn't going to bring the success he wants. There is a part of me that feels sorry for him. The spectacle of a twenty-something young man heave sobbing into his mother's arms after a major setback is textbook evidence of a psychologically damaging overbearing father that does nothing but criticize his son. The son places immense effort and value in receiving the father's approval, but it never comes..... In fact, its always just the opposite......never good enough. Very, very sad if that's the case, and if so, the first step toward success is for Caleb to insert non-negotiable ground rules in how Papa interacts with him.
Three5s!

Post by Three5s! »

StatesEye wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:11 am No hard feeling for Caleb Williams with me.

I was pretty disappointed he didn't stay. I had a feeling he was starting to see OU as his school, program and team.........taking a proud and protective ownership like Baker did when he first arrived. Anyway, and like others have stated, I also believe whether he stayed or left for USC was entirely (or almost so) dictated by Papa. If OU had ponied up the NIL money to keep him, which had to be exorbitant, then both Papa and Caleb are perfectly happy to stay in Norman. Maybe not, though. Papa could've used any offer by OU to get a larger counter-off from the Rubbersocks. I mean, how do we know that didn't happen, and when Papa came back to OU asking for a counter-counter offer, OU said no. Could've happened......who knows? Whatever the case, it was strange that Caleb hung around so long after the bowl game instead of immediately following Riley if that was what Caleb really wanted first and foremost.

I wish nothing for him but the success he deserves, and that is something still waiting to be written. He's got to go earn it. As incredibly talented Caleb is, that alone isn't going to bring the success he wants. There is a part of me that feels sorry for him. The spectacle of a twenty-something young man heave sobbing into his mother's arms after a major setback is textbook evidence of a psychologically damaging overbearing father that does nothing but criticize his son. The son places immense effort and value in receiving the father's approval, but it never comes..... In fact, its always just the opposite......never good enough. Very, very sad if that's the case, and if so, the first step toward success is for Caleb to insert non-negotiable ground rules in how Papa interacts with him.
Are you a shrink? Or maybe an author of chick novels? I hope he does great and becomes a great man, not just a QB. He shows a lot of good signs, but is still young and the rest will play out as he matures. Suggesting that HE sets non-negotiable rules for his own dad based on internet chatter is a pretty big leap on your read of the situation. Anyway, the guy is a hell of a player and a human highlight reel because of his effort and ability. I will pull for him because he came to OU and he stayed for the bowl game instead of bailing on his teammates. I love his continued support of OU. No real reason to do that unless it is real.