Congrats to our Bowl Extravaganza Winner...

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
EMan

Congrats to our Bowl Extravaganza Winner...

Post by EMan »

Gandalf! It all came down to the Washington-Texas* match-up, Gandalf, and placing your faith in the Huskies, you walked away our big winner when the Horns’ final pass fell incomplete. Well done, G! Your name will now be etched on the Pick’em post-season trophy as 2023 Champion! Zgeo was our runner-up, and the player having to endure the last-second tease by Texas*. He had his Pick’em fortunes tied to the Horns and was nosed out at the tape when the Horns couldn't connect on the last play. Just another reason to dislike Texas*, isn’t it, Z? The rest of our Bowl Extravaganza Top Five were Bixby_Sooner in third, Chiefs16 in fourth, and a tie for fifth between mthatch190 and gcruse7. You can see final Bowl Extravaganza standings by clicking here.

And sadly, that’s it for another year. Other than the championship game, this brings the curtain down on another season of college football, and by default, our Pick’em contest. Just as a personal message, it’s been a pleasure putting our annual Pick’em contest together again this year. I hope it served as at least a minor distraction from the concerns of the real world, and that everyone enjoyed playing! Looking forward to next season where the rest of us can start from scratch and maybe have a chance to see our name up in lights! Till next season, take care everyone!
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
Echo

Post by Echo »

Congratulations Gandalf....bowl games are the hardest of all.

Thank you so much Eman for doing the Pick'em contests. I look forward to them every year. You do man!!
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Congratulations Gandalf! Just wait until next year... I'll be back. Oh wait, I just sounded like Sexat... please don't ban me.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
gcruse7

Post by gcruse7 »

Congratulations Gandalf! Only someone who picked against Texas deserves to win.

As an example of how difficult picking the bowl games are in the era of opt-outs: I finished in a tie for 5th (somehow). If I would have switched every single one of my picks (in other words picked an exact opposite slate of winners), I would have scored 2 points higher.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

EMan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:32 amGandalf! It all came down to the Washington-Texas* match-up, Gandalf, and placing your faith in the Huskies, you walked away our big winner when the Horns’ final pass fell incomplete. Well done, G! Your name will now be etched on the Pick’em post-season trophy as 2023 Champion! Zgeo was our runner-up, and the player having to endure the last-second tease by Texas*. He had his Pick’em fortunes tied to the Horns and was nosed out at the tape when the Horns couldn't connect on the last play. Just another reason to dislike Texas*, isn’t it, Z? The rest of our Bowl Extravaganza Top Five were Bixby_Sooner in third, Chiefs16 in fourth, and a tie for fifth between mthatch190 and gcruse7. You can see final Bowl Extravaganza standings by clicking here.

And sadly, that’s it for another year. Other than the championship game, this brings the curtain down on another season of college football, and by default, our Pick’em contest. Just as a personal message, it’s been a pleasure putting our annual Pick’em contest together again this year. I hope it served as at least a minor distraction from the concerns of the real world, and that everyone enjoyed playing! Looking forward to next season where the rest of us can start from scratch and maybe have a chance to see our name up in lights! Till next season, take care everyone!
Congrats to Gandalf…..texas not rushing Penix the first 3 quarters let Penix dominate that game, also if texasss had scored a TD instead of FG on that next to last possession, texasss could have won with a fg…oh well next year we SEC SEC SEC……