OKLAHOMA vs. AZ in ALAMO BOWL: Game Thread...

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
pippen

Post by pippen »

Bottom post of the previous page:

boomermet wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:00 am Bet the portal lights up tomorrow. Tight ends don't seem to fit here anymore. 80% passing so rbs just block.
There's one WR I would not be unhappy to see enter it.
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

captnop wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:02 am Now Littrell 's playing calling makes some sense, knowing we had exactly 2 healthy RB's. Will Barnes ever be back ?
Frankly I've given up on Barnes ever doing anything at OU.
Fly

Post by Fly »

I have one question? What is Littrells offense? What system does he plan to install? Maybe I,m being unfair, knowing the short time line
He had to go use. But I did not see much that thrilled me. I truly hoped to see some thing in the future other than sand lot football. I,m
truly concerned as to what system we will run in the future. I will give BB a big pat on the back for the OL he put on the field with all
The ones that were missing. My concern was JA protection getting his passes off. But they played a three man front most of the game
Daring him to throw, knowing he was a true freshman. It paid off, for our receivers were covered up. He was forced to throw in to cover making it easy to pick off his passes. OH well nothing I can do about it. I said before don,t wish to hard for something for you
may get it. Enjoy!

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Soonr80

Post by Soonr80 »

I would bet that the pass heavy game plan was due to run blocking being harder to develop. They had to go with what gave them the best chance. I’m confident that it will look a lot different next fall.
captnop

Post by captnop »

pippen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:08 am
RussC wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:56 pm Are our corners super untalented or super poorly coached? They haven’t really been able to cover anybody all season
I'm afraid it may be the scheme.
Clemson had some REALLY GOOD db's. It's not the scheme.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Speaking of Clemson.....I hated their cemetery of the defeated.....and I thought the "stabbing of OU footballs" bordered on, if not worse, than Clemson's. In fact, I looked at the Zona's turnover celebration action to be on the childish side of life. I did notice that the footballs all carried the OU branding......where did they get those footballs? If they were captured during the game.....does Zona have to pay OU for those balls?