Archive Certain Threads?

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
OU Guy

Archive Certain Threads?

Post by OU Guy »

@OU_Tom

To everyone. The main football board has an auto delete feature when threads get past 6 months old. I found out when all the recruiting info vansished after 6 months and thats why I no longer spend time updating anything on recruiting board. It was changed to keep threads forever but too late to recover all the prior posted info. Appreciate Tom making an adjustment, but very few read that sub board so I stopped making posts there havikg seen so much info dissappear. I laso had a ton of posts about Jackson Arnold on the main board and his last HS year plus post season play and awards and that thread vanaished too. Wanted to get some refreshing on him but its gone.

What I’m asking, is it possible to get an archive board? I’d love to see us keep the gamethreads from this year and future years. Even though it can get a bit tense, they are a great snapshot of things that happened during the games. Great to reread next early summer to freshen up on returning players or coaches and problems we had and even bad ref calls. Could also archive our board games that we play, maybe the final one. And any other significant threads that seem important. I hate losing so many posts where people pur a lot of effort into posting and replying. We had a thread from Chinaman a year ago about all the old timer OU players and it was fantastic but its gone forever. I could go on and on but wanted to ask the board for thoughts. If its money thats needed to keep more threads let me know and I’ll cover all expenses.

I also think we need a baseball board. Women have so many sub boards yet men only have football amd basketball. Maybe some others too, some posters like wrestling or golf or gym. Just food for thought.

If we create an archive board we could request to Tom to archive thread x and he could decide if its worthy or not.

Thanks for your consideration and allowing me to broach this topic here.
In Brent I Trust :D