Mike Gundy and OU/OSU

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Three5s!

Mike Gundy and OU/OSU

Post by Three5s! »

It is amazing that Gundy is the Big 12 Coach of the year. He has been at OSU forever and and the only real rationale for COY is that nobody thought OSU would do anything this year, even though Gundy was totally responsible for where they were. Then, he pulled off a miracle win v OU with multiple players having career games that we are not likely to see again ever. Plus, the zebras worked against OU. OU should have been better than that, but my point is that it was a fluke.

The biggest point is that OSU got its butt kicked 3 times this year, 2x by crappy teams and once by a really good team, which OU beat on a neutral field.

OU lost twice by slim margins, but should not have done so. OSU lost 3x and got its rear kicked in each of those games.

Bottom line- if this is Gundy's COY award, I hope BV never wins it that way.

In reality, Sark, Leipold and BV achieved a hell of a lot more, so did the WVU coach. None of them had stellar records last year but none of them got their butts kicked, much less 3x, this year.

And to the OK aggies- you still have lost 80%+ of the games v OU, this years loss was a fluke and we beat the conference champ, which later hammered OSU.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Had no idea Gundy won coy…..who votes on that…. Seems like it should have been Sark…. :confusedplus: :eyes:
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

The Little 12 making its final middle finger to OU and texsa.

Since there is still a basketball season, softball, baseball and all the spring sports under their little, pissy conference flag, OU has to grin and bear it. In mid-June after the last "conference" tournaments, Joe C should have a press conference extolling the SEC and drop a few lines about prejudice officiating, small-minded conference administrators, and how unlikely OU is to schedule any Little 12 teams in future years.
texsa sucks!
Fly

Post by Fly »

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. But let me say this. I,m not a Gundy fan, first of all.But I do respect the guy. He has done a good
job for the talent he has on hand.he has stuck with that program threw thick & thin. I guess what I,m trying to say, it not that I like
the man, but I respect him as a coach. I do believe he is a good coach. I think if he was at better program he would be more successful.
Can you imagine trying to recruit to that Shi##t hole place. There money man died, & into today world it is tuff to get the big time recruits. JMOHOP.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

cushcreekmont wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:50 am The Little 12 making its final middle finger to OU and texsa.

Since there is still a basketball season, softball, baseball and all the spring sports under their little, pissy conference flag, OU has to grin and bear it. In mid-June after the last "conference" tournaments, Joe C should have a press conference extolling the SEC and drop a few lines about prejudice officiating, small-minded conference administrators, and how unlikely OU is to schedule any Little 12 teams in future years.
I think it would be something if both OU and :hornsburning: wore SEC badging for the bowl season.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

lol...yeah, that'd be great.
But won't happen.....we actually don't officially become SEC until July 1st next year.....I don't think. Feel free to correct if i'm wrong about that.
aka Crimson47
RussC

Post by RussC »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:03 pm lol...yeah, that'd be great.
But won't happen.....we actually don't officially become SEC until July 1st next year.....I don't think. Feel free to correct if i'm wrong about that.
Surely some kind of sneaky low key SEC badging could be arranged with permission
#Mentally In Portal
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

RussC wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:07 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:03 pm lol...yeah, that'd be great.
Surely some kind of sneaky low key SEC badging could be arranged with permission
Maybe a magic marker to the shoe heels/soles.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22