SOONERS VS. Polygamists in Provo: GAME THREAD

This forum contains popular threads that are worthy of archiving
pippen

Post by pippen »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Vengeance is a dish best eaten cold. Not the 5 stars eight course meal I was hoping for, but it still tastes good.
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

The Sooner win due to both O & D now texass or oswho lose!
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

Pokerman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:31 pm Dodged a bullet, but we'll take it.
Put Utah in the rear view mirror.
Agreed. Ugly win but a win nonetheless.
Living the dream…
pippen

Post by pippen »

Preferably, as always, both.
pippen

Post by pippen »

OUGENO wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:33 pm The Sooner win due to both O & D now texass or oswho lose!
Preferably, as always, both.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:30 pm ...GOT THE DUBYA, but not the cover!

Give Arnold a B grade. would've been A- but that overthrow of a wide open Anderson...

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Agree. Will give him a bit of a pass on the bad pass as he’s not played in over a month and even then no passes. Its his first ever game not in cleanup time. And I liked what I saw overall. He is composed in pocket and does not have happy feet. He reads the field. He can make a big play like the last pass to win game. He can run great and actually move pile when needed due to bigger size.

I would give him an A- based on coming in so cold with no snaps in many many weeks on the road in loud and tense situation. His overthrow was only knock yet it was long so no chance of INT either (vs if had been short). Really impressed given the situation. Our future is bright
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

A win is a win and I’ll take it! Lets root for a Tx loss later today.
White River

Post by White River »

This was really good experience for JA. It will pay dividends long term.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Load up the plane &:get the heck out of Provo!!!!! Let's hope like crazy Dillon is ok next week.
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

I hope Dillon is ok too but the next game is only 6 days. I’ll be surprised if they allow him to play.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:37 pm
OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:30 pm ...GOT THE DUBYA, but not the cover!

Give Arnold a B grade. would've been A- but that overthrow of a wide open Anderson...

Agree. Will give him a bit of a pass on the bad pass as he’s not played in over a month and even then no passes. Its his first ever game not in cleanup time. And I liked what I saw overall. He is composed in pocket and does not have happy feet. He reads the field. He can make a big play like the last pass to win game. He can run great and actually move pile when needed due to bigger size.

I would give him an A- based on coming in so cold with no snaps in many many weeks on the road in loud and tense situation. His overthrow was only knock yet it was long so no chance of INT either (vs if had been short). Really impressed given the situation. Our future is bright

...the future's so bright you gotta wear shades! :cool:

OUG, I love JA, but I'm going to hold him to the same standard you held Gabriel to. At least the rest of this season and Bowl Game.
Misses a throw, throws a pick, takes a sack, fumbles...chicken on a june bug!

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:56 pm
OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:37 pm

...the future's so bright you gotta wear shades! :cool:

OUG, I love JA, but I'm going to hold him to the same standard you held Gabriel to. At least the rest of this season and Bowl Game.
Misses a throw, throws a pick, takes a sack, fumbles...chicken on a june bug!

Comparing a true freshman in his very first play under pressure to a 5th year seasoned qb? I guess I look at circumstances when evaluatiing. Its all good though, JA will take his lumps I’m sure.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

soonerindallas wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:45 pm Load up the plane &:get the heck out of Provo!!!!! Let's hope like crazy Dillon is ok next week.
If not we MUST start Beville Davis ....and prat rhat TCU knocks him OUt in the first 30 seconds . Then we bring JFA in and win the game. .You do recall TCU has a habit of knocking OUt OUr starting qbs .
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

JA will be fine ........played a good game overall today.....IMO........he Very Young still.
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

If Dillon isn't able to go against the frogs, Jackson will have a whole week of practice in the #1 spot.....and that will improve his game.