Oklahoma Sooner Men's BB Host Miss Valley St on Friday @ 7 PM !

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Sooner Men's BB Host Miss Valley St on Friday @ 7 PM !

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Sooner Men's Basketball Team (1-0 on the season) will host Mississippi Valley State at 7 PM in Lloyd Noble Center for their second non-conference game in th eyoung 2023-24 season. Mississippi Valley State is coming off their first game loss to LSU by the score of 60-106.

The game tonight will be on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing and be broadcast by ESPN+ with Chad McKee (PxP) and Bryndon Manzer (analyst) on the call. The game will also be on ESPN+.

Here is the Sooner staff writers article about the Sooners and tonight's game.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/11/9 ... lley-state

Looking at Mississippi Valley State seems to indicate that they will be lead by four players tonight.

Brown, SR-G, had 17 points against LSU and averaged 12.1 points and 6.3 rebounds last year.
Gipson, SR-G/F, had 15 points against LSU and averaged 4.4 points and 34 rebounds last year.
Sanders, JR-G, had 13 points against LSU and looks to be a transfer into MVST from Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Washington, SR-G, had 7 rebounds and 2 assists against LSU and averaged 5.0 points, 1.9 Rebonds and 1,2 assist.

Those four players all played 25 or more minutes against LSU. No one else played more than 14 minutes and 8 played less than 10 minutes.

It does not look like Miss Valley State has much height and that OU should actually out-man MVST tonight inside. I think that OU should win tonight fairly easy, but you still have to go out and play the game and execute well to win. If OU can start fast and set the pace and tempo of the game in the first 5 minutes, the Sooners should pick up their second win tonight.

It will be interesting to see if Jalon Moore is healthy for tonight's game as he banged up a leg in the Sooners first game.

Good luck to the Sooners tonight.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is the Sooner staff writers article about the Sooners win over Miss Valley State on Friday night.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/11/1 ... s-top-mvsu

I thought the Sooners played hard once again and that the effort was good, but MVST was not a great opponent. The win was easy and it should have been. All of the team stats were solid for the Sooners.

I wish I knew the players better. I think there were two players that were not dress, I think they were the two freshman, Cooper and Cole. One of them was wearing a long walking boot one foot. The absence of Jalon Moore was immediate to me. I did not see him at the game. I mentioned that during the opening win against Central Michigan that he hit the floor hard a couple of times and looked to have a bit of a limp on one leg as he went out for the final time. Moore provides the Sooners with the size inside that the Sooners need. I hope he is fine and returns very soon. I noticed today that he was held out due to a hamstring issue. A hammy can heal with rest. I hope it heals quickly.

Godwin is very good against lower level talent. I wish I knew if he is up to facing the Big 12 Bigs. I really like Oweh this year as well as Uzan. They seem to be the glue that is keeping everything together on the court. I really like the way that Soares plays. Darthard, McCollum and Hughley IV will do their parts well, I think. Northweather has potential but need to play a little more tough, i think. He can shoot from outside.

The Sooners play again on Tuesday at Lloyd Noble Center against Texas State at 7 PM. They are 1-1 in the new year. They lost at Ark-Little Rock in their opener by 5 and then defeated Miami (Ohio) 75-65.

Boomer Sooner!