OKLAHOMA SOONERS vs. OwussU Cowpukes: GAME THREAD

This forum contains popular threads that are worthy of archiving
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Brent's fine, the D is getting better and will get better in the future. As for Lebby's O, not looking as good as it should. Need a serious evaluation at end of season. :smokingmad:
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

The officials screwed OU today, no question.

But this one shouldn’t have been close enough for the officials to matter. The OU offense stopped the OU offense. Mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mind-numbing mistake…

We had 3 false starts against our WIDE RECEIVERS today. The WR’s are supposed to watch for the snap of the ball. You should almost NEVER have a false start by a WR, yet we had 3 of them today…an undisciplined team is a poorly coached team. I’m sorry if that offends some of ya’ll.

2 weeks in a row, our coaches have helped extend an opponent’s drive by drawing an unsportsmanlike flag. INEXCUSABLE. You can’t compound the problem by turning a 15 yard penalty into a 30 yard penalty, I don’t care how bad the call was. How can you ask your players to maintain discipline and composure when the coaches cannot do so themselves?

3rd quarter. 4th and 5 at the OSU 30, nursing a 21-17 lead . For most college teams, this is an easy call. You attempt a 47 yard FG to extend the lead to 7. But we can’t do that, because our kicker can’t be trusted to make anything beyond about 35 yards or so. So we have to go for it and get stopped. No points. The fact that we haven’t found a better placekicker after being here almost 2 years is an UTTER COACHING FAILURE that falls squarely at the feet of BV.

The 2nd half of this season is starting to look WAY too similar to the 2nd half of last season.
Last edited by SoonerTony on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:16 pm Last 2 trips to Stoolwater. Left is 2 years ago right is today

The screwjob on the left is exactly what crossed my mind as I witnessed today's inexplicable non call against Stoops .
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

SoonerTony wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:03 pm We had 3 false starts against our WIDE RECEIVERS today. ?

The 2nd half of this season is starting to look WAY too similar to the 2nd half of last season.
If memory serves me correctly we had three WR false starts last week too.

And this year is looking eerily similar to last year too. We’ve improved but it appears to be very slight improvement. Time to turn it around but there will be no conference championship much less no CFP.
Living the dream…
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

KJinSkiatook wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:17 pm
SoonerTony wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:03 pm We had 3 false starts against our WIDE RECEIVERS today. ?

And this year is looking eerily similar to last year too. We’ve improved but it appears to be very slight improvement. Time to turn it around but there will be no conference championship much less no CFP.
Is this the wr fault or qb?

KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:26 pm
KJinSkiatook wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:17 pm

Is this the wr fault or qb?

Probably QB since he needs to make sure all players are set before having the ball snapped. But, did Farooq look to the sidelines in time to get the signal? Did he delay in any way? Was he too busy jawing with the defense? Idk but that is a potential pitfall of going fast with offense. Go too fast when the signals aren’t in and that can happen at any time.

Edit. Just rewatched it and he did not delay. He never got the sign and was calling for it to be repeated early. That’s on coaches and or DG.
Living the dream…
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Another no call

WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Dude Its over ..............we had chances .
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Nope, nothing to see here. B12 “no worries about funds clearing this one is on the house”

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

WishBone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:24 pm Dude Its over ..............we had chances .
Why are you dogging me all day long? Get off my backside!! If “you” don’t want to discuss thats fine but don’t chastise those who do.

Its a message board and that means fans talking about game. Or are you the board police deciding what is ok to discuss? Nkt one other person is complaining about posters and this is not your first one either. I ignored all the others and just couldn’t let it go thos time.

Sorry for posting about football on a football board.
Up North Sooner

Post by Up North Sooner »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:36 pm
WishBone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:24 pm Dude Its over ..............we had chances .
Why are you dogging me all day long? Get off my backside!! If “you” don’t want to discuss thats fine but don’t chastise those who do.

Its a message board and that means fans talking about game. Or are you the board police deciding what is ok to discuss? Nkt one other person is complaining about posters and this is not your first one either. I ignored all the others and just couldn’t let it go thos time.

Sorry for posting about football on a football board.
He has been stalking you all day. Guess he thinks you're cute
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

One more aggravating stat…

Sawchuk had 111 yards on 13 carries.

His 13th carry occurred in the 3rd quarter.

We never gave him a chance to do anything in the 4th.
captnop

Post by captnop »

soonerTroll2 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:55 pm Brent's fine, the D is getting better and will get better in the future. As for Lebby's O, not looking as good as it should. Need a serious evaluation at end of season. :smokingmad:
I agree!! it's not all DG's fault .. the odd selection of play calls makes it hard for the passing game to get in a rhythm... It's Lebby.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

SoonerTony wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:05 pm One more aggravating stat…

Thats what I don’t get with Lebby. Sawchuk ran great. Then our best back all year (Walker) doesn’t get a snap in first half and he did great in 2nd half. But then on a key down we had Smothers in and DG got sacked. Why put in a new RB who has no game flow and isn’t ready to belp give qb time? And another play he had 2 wrs in tbe backfield. And Major was in for direct snap fumble again it was his first snap. It just feels too gimicky and no reason
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

OU Guy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:13 pm
SoonerTony wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:05 pm One more aggravating stat…

Thats what I don’t get with Lebby. Sawchuk ran great. Then our best back all year (Walker) doesn’t get a snap in first half and he did great in 2nd half. But then on a key down we had Smothers in and DG got sacked. Why put in a new RB who has no game flow and isn’t ready to belp give qb time? And another play he had 2 wrs in tbe backfield. And Major was in for direct snap fumble again it was his first snap. It just feels too gimicky and no reason
It was Barnes(#2) that was in on the direct snap snafu play, but your point is still valid as I don’t think he had played or at least touched the ball before that play.
Living the dream…