OKLAHOMA SOONERS vs. kansas jayhawks: GAME THREAD...

This forum contains popular threads that are worthy of archiving
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Looked like Lebby wanted to punish Castiglione for not letting Briles on the field……

Kick the extra points and there is a different ending to this game.

Why does DeMarco Murray insist on starting our worst running back?

Ethan Downs won the game then Lebby gave it to Kansas,,,, :smokingmad: :smokingmad:
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

gcruse7 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:03 pm
Triple Option wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:42 pm Badly managed game by coaches. If we had kicked those 2 extra points, could have gone for FG and OT there. Just a lot of "if onlys" in this game.
I understand the thought on the extra points, but you have to remember that Kansas was also going for 2 and missing. If we kick the extra point each time, it is very likely in some of those instances that Kansas would have kicked an extra point also, because of the score differential.
Hey! Don't try using any logic or rationality on me. I'm not in the mood! :D
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
White River

Post by White River »

Keep in mind, that was Kansas' 2nd string QB that drove his team down the field for the win.........
Last edited by White River on Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

Fire Lebby now. lousy coaching.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Blame coaches all you want. But coaches do not turn the ball over, drop balls that hit players in the hands, or fumble or cause penalty’s. We did all that today. If we had not done those things we win with out a sweat. Sorry that is just a fact. If you can,t except
that then so be it.

🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
OUGENO

Post by OUGENO »

We can also blame the defense.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Lebby called bad plays earlier during the season , but we won anyway so i said to myself Lebby obviously has learned those handoffs to the WR and the pitch sweeps to the wide reciever never work…but each game he keeps calling plays that never worked other than the opening game against Arkansas St…..he saw it work once, and then he saw them fail 30 times, but he keeps calling them…

.the rope -a-dope only works in boxing and only if your name is Ali…….you are not going to win by tiring out the defense by making them run into your backfield to tackle Sooner WRs for a loss…..

Ethan Downs and the rest of the defense should be pissed at Lebby….Downs won the game then Lebby gives gift wraps a present for KU…. :smokingmad: :smokingmad:
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

1. We are still in the process of a rebuild. It’s not close to a finished product. Definitely better than last year but not championship level yet.
2. You will lose 99% of the time when you have 3 turnovers and 100 yards of penalties. Incredibly undisciplined play.
3. Injuries are mounting and that’s not a good sign for the rest of the season.
4. The jet sweep to Freeman needs to be thrown out of the playbook.
5. Some of the coaching decisions were head-scratchers.
6. Why is Marcus Stripling playing on the kickoff return team?
7. Special teams is doing nothing to help this team win games.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Not so minor point..but that artificial turf at Kansas was an injury waiting to happen……it looked like a 50 year old rug in an Air B N B
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

At least he takes blame but he needs to delete certain plays for book.

In Brent I Trust :D
Fly

Post by Fly »

Tony I agree mostly with all you said. One thing that hurt the defense was losing strutman he our best player on defense. We Are all
upset right now, ME included, & I can say this there is no one on this board that a bigger Sooner fan than me. But lord we must face
facts, these kids made just to many errors today. We forget there frigging kid. Look what our staff has done with what they had when
they came here. Look at the scores around the country this year. Let’s play the rest of the games before throwing blame around.

JMOHOP! 🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Using Farooq to run the ball is the least stupid of his play calls, but JL does call many stupid plays.

if i were reactionary i would say he is either stupid or trying to lose on purpose.

JL seems to have no feel for the game. JL seems to think plays that have failed consistently will suddenly work.

I hate the fact that the players are handicapped by the offensive play calling.
captnop

Post by captnop »

It could be worse ... we could be Clemson with Muleshoe Lite as the OC. It's seems to be an OC thing that they outsmart themselves. Remember Chuck Long in the NC game against LSU ... They couldn't stop the running game and Long decides he should attempt a pass from our Hobbled QB Jason White, that could hardly stand, let alone pass.

Thats just one example. I have to really question why Stripling is catching on special teams ???
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

It was an ugly game and yet we had a chance to win after Downs INT. Then, not downing the punt inside the 5 and letting them get the 4th and 6 were killers. There is no excuse other than to say that the team was unprepared in those final minutes. That is when all the coaching will show one way or another and I think it showed that we have some major coaching gaps. Our special teams are abysmal and there is no excuse for that - but they have been that way the entire season. Had we had them backed up inside the 5 I think the game ends a lot differently.

I'm tired of being part of a conference that has rinky-dink offensive game planning. That crap that Kansas pulled with all this shifts is pathetic. Yet it bothered us a bit. We need to get to the SEC where every team plays smash mouth football. That probably means getting rid of Lebby because he is as rinky dink as they come. I just want a solid offense that can move the ball and an exceptional defense, ala Alabama in the late 2010's. Hopefully we can find our way to that in the SEC.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

If I didn't know better, I'd think that Jeff has a HC job just waiting for him......he'll be leaving late at night after the last game.