Team Pickem Week 8 Results

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
White River

Team Pickem Week 8 Results

Post by White River »

Week 8 is in the books for the SoonerTimes Team Pickers and again this week some made it look like a simple contest while for some of us this contest looks like a Thermonuclear Physics final.

IMASooner and formulaS posted the top score this week at 268 while Old TImer and cushcreekmont posted a 250 score. Triple Option and Walt posted the week's 3rd best score at 241 but that score was enough to put them in 1st place by 9 points ahead of Bixby Sooner. IMASooner/formulaS moved from 5th to 3rd and are only 11 points out of 1st place. Last years champs OUGuy and Oklahombre remain in 4th place but are only 31 points out of 1st. There is still plenty of season remaining and plenty of time to make up ground............. or fall from grace.

Team Pickem Week 8 Results.png
Team Pickem Week 8 Results.png (28.52 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Congratulations to IMA & formulaS for the top score this week and to Triple Option and walt for climbing into the season lead. Thanks again to everyone who participates in this contest.

BTW... it doesn't appear that SoonerLynx got his picks in this week. I hope everything is good with him.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I finished dead last this week talk about humbling. My parter did all the heavy lifting. If I even picked 3 games different we are in lead. My worst ever week with 7 wins.

Congrats to the other teams this week was so so tough! Great job navigating the minefield of games! We are still in it but so is many others.
In Brent I Trust :D
Echo

Post by Echo »

Congratulations IMA and formula....every week is tough and this week was your time to shine.
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

Guy, you have carried me the first half of the season and it was about time I carried my weight.

Sayin that, this shows why it's a tag-team contest. Just like the ole time wrestlers in years past....

;)
walt

Post by walt »

HEY I AM HAPPY TO KNOW THAT TO AND I ARE AT THE TOP OF THE PILE ON THE CURRENT TOP OF THE SEASON POINTS. I HAVE TO THANK TO FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT HE HAD ADDED MY POINTS. I HAD ZERO CLUE MY NUMBERS WERE BEING COUNTED. THANKS MR TO, YOU ARE A GOOD GUY. I WILL TRY TO KEEP UP TO YOUR HIGH POINTS SO THAT I AM NOT SHAMED TO BE THE LOW TOAD ON OUR POINTS.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
SoonerLynx

Post by SoonerLynx »

I honestly thought that I had turned in my picks last week. Just checked in today, to see how I did and discovered that I didn't submit picks. I can't find my usual printout of my picks, so I guess I just forgot to get it done. My apologies to gcruze7.
gcruse7

Post by gcruse7 »

SoonerLynx wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:35 am I honestly thought that I had turned in my picks last week. Just checked in today, to see how I did and discovered that I didn't submit picks. I can't find my usual printout of my picks, so I guess I just forgot to get it done. My apologies to gcruze7.
No worries. Unfortunately this week I only did slightly better than not turning picks in. I actually almost sent you an PM when EMan sent out his list of players for the week and your name wasn't there.

I guess now our climb back to the top will just be that much more dramatic.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot