triathlon

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
anthrosooner

triathlon

Post by anthrosooner »

Normally Patty holds a triathlon for her players the day before the OU/Texas game and then she lets them go for the weekend. Does anyone know if one was held and how it turned out?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

anthrosooner wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:26 pm Normally Patty holds a triathlon for her players the day before the OU/Texas game and then she lets them go for the weekend. Does anyone know if one was held and how it turned out?
This is just a guess.....so take it for what it's worth.
But I think the day before the OU TX game, some, if not a lot, of the players were down in Dallas to support the Football team. I know I heard at least Colemans voice when Plank was interviewing Billy Bowman on the field after the game.
aka Crimson47
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Jayda did mention the triathlon in this tweet
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Well.....here's where they were at some point this weekend.......

aka Crimson47
anthrosooner

Post by anthrosooner »

I wonder if Billy Bowman has a jersey with #24 on it with Coleman printed across the back of it. Back to my original post, I'm sure that most of the softball team made it to Dallas. I'm just wondering if they had the triathlon.
Sooneryankee13

Post by Sooneryankee13 »

They could have had the triathlon in the morning and went to Dallas in the evening it's only a few hrs away.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I do wish the results were released. I have only seen glimpses of the results over the years. I remember that Elam was always near the top of the results.

I am not even sure what events are involved. I think their is some swimming, some weighted sled pushing and running but that is about all I 'know'.

I think that most players take the competition seriously.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Last year's triathlon's top 3 were: 1 Bahl, 2 Brito, 3 Coor.

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I've been told that Brito won the Triathlon this year.....but don't know who came in 2nd or 3rd.
aka Crimson47
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

Brito, Coleman, Ludlam
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

:handsup:
aka Crimson47
VNSooner

Post by VNSooner »

It looked to me like Jayda got second, but do not recognize who took third.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Ludlam
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:17 pmLudlam
I agree, it was Ludlum.

I think I found every player in the video or pics but Kenney.

I think the video posted above gave us more of an insight into the triathlon than we have seen before.

Thanks to the softball video staff for providing the footage.

This team really looks like they are very close. It is wonderful to see.
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

I'm impressed with all these ladies and their toughness, athletic prowess, and competitiveness. What a marvelous tradition to have a triathlon to bond the new team together.

Brito stepping it up! I have had a vibe ever since she arrived that she is DRIVEN to be the best. I'll never forget her wide-eyed, open-mouthed look of absolute wonder at Hansen after Kinzie hit a big-time home run....I could see and hear Alyssa say, "That's just like we talked about!" Right then, I had a sense that she was taking it all to heart and wanted to be the one hitting the next bomb. (I love to replay game moments over and over to watch how other players and fans react to a Big Moment.) Brito may be primed to go absolutely off the rails this year with production. Blow it up, Brito!

Jayda gonna Jayda! She is one of those people who is bursting with athletic ability and heart. She would excel in ping pong, soccer, water polo, or climbing a tree at a Lumberjack tournament. And if she couldn't beat you, she'd want a rematch. She got IT...and she's gonna give it her all! Awesome!

I was surprised and delighted to see that Ludlum finished 'on the podium' among this group of elite athletes! She must be a stud indeed! A potential under the radar player as someone else said. A third place finish shows to me she is a tenacious athlete in top shape. Sometimes the best way to win respect as the new member of an established team is to show them you got game, guts, and gravitas. Bravo!

Coach does many things on an elite level from motivation to game prep and in-game strategy. One of her greatest talents in my mind is her ability to identify talent and heart. Here I was thinking Ludlum was some kind of do-the-best-we-can from the portal to get another thumb in the dike at the catcher position after Nugent and Erickson transferred. But Nooooooooo! Coach sees a stud from little 'ol Furman and confidently chooses her. Now I have a better understanding as to why.