Coaches Poll has Alabama rated ahead of Texas

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
KySooner

Coaches Poll has Alabama rated ahead of Texas

Post by KySooner »

I don't understand how any coach could rate Alabama ahead of Texas.... The oranges beat Bama at Bama by double digits! :confusedplus:
White River

Post by White River »

Recency Bias ............. That combined with the fact that Texas now has a large mudhole where their aces used to be. A mudhole like that could cripple their future performances. :D
RussC

Post by RussC »

White River wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:56 pm Recency Bias ............. That combined with the fact that Texas now has a large mudhole where their aces used to be. A mudhole like that could cripple their future performances. :D
Ok good points, but I would apply “inexplicable stupidity” to such a ranking.
#Mentally In Portal
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

I can already hear the whining and gnashing of teeth coming from south of the Red River! Music to my ears, I tell ya!
walt

Post by walt »

Maybe it is an attempt to find a way to motivate the horns come the Big 12 to beat OU. Maybe it is just a fact that they think Bama is a better team than Texas, who knows?

If OU keeps growing through the regular season Venables team might have the time to beat Texas a 2nd time. I was really impressed with the overall defense. This was the best defense since the first defenses Stoops had. A with-out for OU would create a huge opportunity to put top recruiting in the next couple of years.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
White River

Post by White River »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:01 pm I can already hear the whining and gnashing of teeth coming from south of the Red River! Music to my ears, I tell ya!
I went out to Surley last night and read their thread for the game. It was 91 pages long and read like a schizophrenic's diary. They were confident going in, then they were bashing Ewers, the coaching staff and the referees. By halftime they had decided that the two interceptions were a fluke and they were a second half team. Their confidence had returned. Then there was more bashing Sark and the refs until the go ahead field goal with 1:17. Then they were gloriously singing the praises of all involved but that didn't last long. Then there was stunned disbelief and many, many obscenities. It was glorious. I was going to copy some highlights and bring them here to read but there were just too many and they required too much vocabulary editing. :hornsburning:
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

White River wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:13 pm
AllSooner wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:01 pm I can already hear the whining and gnashing of teeth coming from south of the Red River! Music to my ears, I tell ya!
I went out to Surley last night and read their thread for the game. It was 91 pages long and read like a schizophrenic's diary. They were confident going in, then they were bashing Ewers, the coaching staff and the referees. By halftime they had decided that the two interceptions were a fluke and they were a second half team. Their confidence had returned. Then there was more bashing Sark and the refs until the go ahead field goal with 1:17. Then they were gloriously singing the praises of all involved but that didn't last long. Then there was stunned disbelief and many, many obscenities. It was glorious. I was going to copy some highlights and bring them here to read but there were just too many and they required too much vocabulary editing. :hornsburning:
Sark is a pretty good coach. I know the next meeting in Dec. will be another classic. The whorns will think they have patched all the holes, only to find that Brent & Lebby will have moved the target with a new plan to exploit the whorns.
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

KySooner wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:56 pm I don't understand how any coach could rate Alabama ahead of Texas.... The oranges beat Bama at Bama by double digits! :confusedplus:
Don't you know? Alabama is SEC strong and Texas isn't SEC ready! :confusedplus:
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22