Post by OU Guy »

Love it!!!

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Something I was curious about so I went and checked. Since the David Stone commitment, OU 24K recruiting class is ranked 11-14th in the country depending on which service you follow/trust. After reading and researching a bit more, and considering that we currently have 21 commitments, these thoughts came to mind:

We aren't done yet recruiting for Class 24K. We are still in on some very high profile players

I've heard/read that we may take as many as 27 in this 24K class (not including PWOs)

What is the over/under on how many flips we get during the ESP this year

All this has been done while recruiting HS and Portal kids - based on need on both sides of the ball

What other team in the history of recruiting rankings (ok, ever) has put together a class like this one after stumbling to a losing record the season before - where no coaching changes were made?

This all points to the undeniable fact that we have an especially talented group of recruiters on staff as well as people that have an eye for talent. Crimson glasses or not, the future is bright for :ou:
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Lol this is funny yet awesome the OU brand is so good the 4th string QB can get a NIL deal

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This should help recruiting

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bixby_Sooner wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:32 am Something I was curious about so I went and checked. Since the David Stone commitment, OU 24K recruiting class is ranked 11-14th in the country depending on which service you follow/trust. After reading and researching a bit more, and considering that we currently have 21 commitments, these thoughts came to mind:

We aren't done yet recruiting for Class 24K. We are still in on some very high profile players

I've heard/read that we may take as many as 27 in this 24K class (not including PWOs)

All this has been done while recruiting HS and Portal kids - based on need on both sides of the ball

What other team in the history of recruiting rankings (ok, ever) has put together a class like this one after stumbling to a losing record the season before - where no coaching changes were made?

This all points to the undeniable fact that we have an especially talented group of recruiters on staff as well as people that have an eye for talent. Crimson glasses or not, the future is bright for :ou:
Actually, we did change out our wide receivers coach.
aka Crimson47
RussC

Post by RussC »

Good reminder about WR coaching change. Man that position group was barely treading water under LDW (who may eventually become a great coach down the road).
#Mentally In Portal
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:07 am
Bixby_Sooner wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:32 am Something I was curious about so I went and checked. Since the David Stone commitment, OU 24K recruiting class is ranked 11-14th in the country depending on which service you follow/trust. After reading and researching a bit more, and considering that we currently have 21 commitments, these thoughts came to mind:

Actually, we did change out our wide receivers coach.
Yes, I agree and it was a needed change. I was going to put that in there, but when I wrote it I was thinking of Head Coaches, because that will almost guarantee a NCAA transfer waiver nowadays, position coaches not so much.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Oh, ok. I see where you were coming from.
aka Crimson47
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »