Team Pickem Contest

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
White River

Team Pickem Contest

Post by White River »

Folks,
It's time to start putting together teams for the Team Pickem contest. It would be great if we had 10 or more teams this year. You simply locate a partner for the season, complete Eman's contest each week and we'll post the weekly team scores.

I'm assuming OUGuy and Oklahombre will attempt to defend their Championship. @Bixby_Sooner may want to test the portal and upgrade his partner but if he doesn't, I'll be glad to partner with him again. Teams that have competed in the past that want to continue, please post here.

If you want to play and don't have a partner, post here that you are interested and we'll try to help get you one.

I'm sure last year's outcome was a fluke and the real cream will rise to the top this year! 😋

Get signed up!
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

I'm in....if I live that long. :dude:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

In!! :ou: :BV: :surrender: :eyes:

Can we defend the title? Who knows and its an extra fun part of EMans contest. It is hard to pick 20 teams per week! And thats what makes it a fun contest!
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...the "Bone & I are both "tanned, rested, and ready"!!!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
White River

Post by White River »

@Bixby_Sooner and I will be returning for this season!
Sooner42

Post by Sooner42 »

Sooooo I will be accepting applications for a new tag team partner.

Yes I AM one half of the First Champions of this contest. IE wonder Twins ie 23 & Me although still a good friend will not be participating this year.
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

Sooner42 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:17 pm Sooooo I will be accepting applications for a new tag team partner.

Yes I AM one half of the First Champions of this contest. IE wonder Twins ie 23 & Me although still a good friend will not be participating this year.
Good to hear from you 42. I wish Johnny Trey would reconsider his self-ban. He had a few bad posts, but we all do. He also was an entertaining poster. If you have his contact give him a ring,
Sooner LockJaw

Post by Sooner LockJaw »

I am ready, along with a partner, to take the throne. ;-)

BOOMER SOONER!
White River

Post by White River »

So if I understand correctly, we have the top 3 teams from last year returning to contend for the title:

OU Guy/Oklahombre (defending Champions)
Bixby_Sooner/White River
OU Chinaman/Wishbone

In addition, we have Sooner42 in the portal courting NIL deals for a partner along with Sooner Lockjaw who is also in the portal and considering options.

We need more teams and more interested individuals. Don't be bashful, it's only your pride and you can afford to get it bruised occasionally. :D
The possibility of being the top team on a board of experts like this one is worth the risk to your pride. (Not that I know what winning feels like)

We have two teams from last year that are MIA and have not reported for training camp this season.
SoonerLynx/gcruse7
IMAsooner/formulaS

We need more teams and more interested individuals to step forward.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I second WR's admonition!

Participating in the contests available on ST enhances your fun here and keeps you engaged in the discussion threads

(Keep waiting to see if anybody can invite or convince ECHO to be their partner. She's consistently one of the best Pickem players on the board.

Jump in people.
Sure the water's a little cold, (there's a little good natured smack talk involved) but once you're wet you won't even notice. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
gcruse7

Post by gcruse7 »

White River wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:04 am So if I understand correctly, we have the top 3 teams from last year returning to contend for the title:

Bixby_Sooner/White River
OU Chinaman/Wishbone

In addition, we have Sooner42 in the portal courting NIL deals for a partner along with Sooner Lockjaw who is also in the portal and considering options.

We need more teams and more interested individuals. Don't be bashful, it's only your pride and you can afford to get it bruised occasionally. :D
The possibility of being the top team on a board of experts like this one is worth the risk to your pride. (Not that I know what winning feels like)

We have two teams from last year that are MIA and have not reported for training camp this season.
SoonerLynx/gcruse7
IMAsooner/formulaS

I'm in again, if Lynx doesn't mind partnering with the riff-raff.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

White River wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:04 am So if I understand correctly, we have the top 3 teams from last year returning to contend for the title:

Bixby_Sooner/White River
OU Chinaman/Wishbone

SoonerLynx/gcruse7
IMAsooner/formulaS

I had this brilliant (not so brilliant idea) where I would challenge another message board to form some teams and compete against our team members. I picked a board that is very similar in style and made an open invitation (linked). Well, it went over like a lead balloon. Only @OldTimer showed interest and he is already registered here.

If this would have worked I was prepared to issue challenges on a few other boards, making this contest a board to board mano bragging contest. :D

Here's the link...

https://soonercorner.freeforums.net/thr ... invitation
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

China and I will be present and ready. :rice:
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Sooner42

Post by Sooner42 »

china let me know if you got my PM not sure if anything is going through
Echo

Post by Echo »

I have accepted Sooner42's invitation to team with him.