It Looks Like Taryn Kern is Headed to Washington - MAYBE NOT!

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

It Looks Like Taryn Kern is Headed to Washington - MAYBE NOT!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I have seen two postings on another board that is saying that Taryn Kern is going to Washington.

[EDIT:} Since the two post that I mentioned, the committment has been questioned by others including Washington fans. It seems there was a post by Kern on one of her social media pages in a Washington uniform with several Huskies and the like. Then the post was removed. Some said it looked like the type of post that most teams have and make when a player visits the school.

A couple people say it is true, some people say not yet! I think I may have jumped the gun on this one. Stay tuned.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I've seen a couple of photo-op twitter pics of her "quick trip to Washington" but I haven't seen anything where she says she is transferring there.
Maybe I missed something.
aka Crimson47
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

I was the first person to mention Kern on this site and my intrest was based on her awesome offensive skills . Someone then pointed out that she was an error machine at both 2b and ss . Not sure given PGs emphasis on defense thtat Kern is what Coach is looking for in her infield .
RahOKU

Post by RahOKU »

waddy's ghost wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:31 am I was the first person to mention Kern on this site and my intrest was based on her awesome offensive skills . Someone then pointed out that she was an error machine at both 2b and ss . Not sure given PGs emphasis on defense thtat Kern is what Coach is looking for in her infield .
Patty & JT will coach 'er up!
VNSooner

Post by VNSooner »

What's the appeal of Washington? I don't see them winning any Natties anytime soon!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

You do remember Washington was just in OKC 2 weeks ago, right? They’re a perennial Top 10 team most years. They are plenty capable of a title run.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

TN Sooner wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:37 pm You do remember Washington was just in OKC 2 weeks ago, right? They’re a perennial Top 10 team most years. They are plenty capable of a title run.
I'll probably never forget the snuff out they gave OU during the WCWS in 2018. Their pitchers Taryn Alvelo and Gabbie Plain beat us twice by scores of 2-0 each time, to eliminate us from the tournament. Our team was LOADED too. We had just completed back to back Championships with Paige Parker, Paige Lowary, Jocelyn Alo, Sid Romero, Shay Knighten and other veterans on that 2018 team. Our hitting was shut completely down.
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

No Jocy, otherwise we would’ve won in 2018 :)
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

MNSooner wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:01 am No Jocy, otherwise we would’ve won in 2018 :)
Jocelyn Alo was there. 2018 was her freshman year when she hit 30 HRs.
ColleyvilleSooner

Post by ColleyvilleSooner »

Do we know if OU has offered Kern? She has fantastic batting numbers but played in the subpar Big 10 and against very bad non conference teams. I'm curious how productive she was vs. good teams, or whether she built those great numbers against Howard and Delaware. She also committed 16 errors at 2nd and SS. It's entirely possible Patty is not interested in Kern. Vawter for sure, but maybe not Kern.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Everyone wants to know that and no one seems to know. I imagine things are held close to the vest.