WCWS Champ Series Sooners vs Noles Game 2 Thread

This forum contains popular threads that are worthy of archiving
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

These girls are amazing and talented and clutch, but I have to say.....you glorify Jesus and he will glorify you :)
White River

Post by White River »

I'm happy and excited for this team. What they have accomplished has been amazing. At the same time, I'm sad for this season to come to an end. This team has been such a joy to watch. The Sooner Softball Team embodies everything you want to see in sports. Talent, execution and coaching playing the game but it's the character and the way this team presents itself makes it special! Hats off to you ladies. I rooted for you with mixed emotions tonight because a part of me wanted to see you play one more game.

Congratulations to this historic team!

White River

Post by White River »

Plank just floated out there that there are portal rumors that will make the rest of the softball world jealous!
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

WOW! What an amazing group of girls! An unforgettable team! An unforgettable season!! These girls earned it big time! Congrats!! BOOMER
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

White River wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 pm Plank just floated out there that there are portal rumors that will make the rest of the softball world jealous!
?

Who do we need? Maybe a slick fielding SS with a good bat. I just don't see a weakness with who we return.

I looking forward to seeing Deal get more innings.
White River

Post by White River »

Last pitch and celebration

JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: I stated to another poster several weeks ago before postseason started that if the Sooners got the 3 peat that my gut feeling is that we will get an absolute stud pitcher in the portal
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

White River wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 pm Plank just floated out there that there are portal rumors that will make the rest of the softball world jealous!
I heard DJ and him talking about that also.

Tia Milloy ? [Edit: not Tia.....her older sister Kiki Milloy]
Ruby Mehlan ?
Kelly Maxwell ?
Morgan Reimer ?
Maya Brady ?
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

JSULL60 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:07 pm :ou: I stated to another poster several weeks ago before postseason started that if the Sooners got the 3 peat that my gut feeling is that we will get an absolute stud pitcher in the portal
... So, you're saying, better than Storako?

All joking aside, I am absolutely thrilled from a selfish fan standpoint that Alex was able to get the win in the winning game of the WCWS!

The reason? The rumors are already adrift that a STUD pitcher is likely to transfer who, like Storako, would like to pitch for a team like OU who will probably be favored to contend again, if not favored to win it outright!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

BudaSooner wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:30 pm
JSULL60 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:07 pm :ou: I stated to another poster several weeks ago before postseason started that if the Sooners got the 3 peat that my gut feeling is that we will get an absolute stud pitcher in the portal
... So, you're saying, better than Storako?

All joking aside, I am absolutely thrilled from a selfish fan standpoint that Alex was able to get the win in the winning game of the WCWS!

The reason? The rumors are already adrift that a STUD pitcher is likely to transfer who, like Storako, would like to pitch for a team like OU who will probably be favored to contend again, if not favored to win it outright!
STUD pitcher like maybe Valerie Cagle? Or like Alex Storako in like maybe Kelli Maxwell as a grad transfer? I'll be honest I think Kelli's troubles may not have been physical and maybe she was longing to be Sooner?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

White River wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:08 pm Lyons says, that looked easy, HOME RUN LEFT FIELD! 2-1

I just loved the half grin Sandercock gave to acknowledge the HR....nice!
aka Crimson47