WCWS Champ Series Noles vs Sooners Game 1 Thread

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
White River

Post by White River »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Florida State utilizes the Tennessee pitching strategy to the same result the Vols achieved. Leave your ace on the bench and get beat in the leadoff game of a best of 3 series. I don't understand it but I love it!
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

What a compliment to OU that they put such a mental toll on opposing coaches!
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

OU Guy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:03 pm
OU_Tom wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm @OU Guy please pass me another Yuengling
Short story. I drank Bud Light out of years of habit, had no reason to try other beers. In April a friend told me to try Yuengling, had never had it and was now selling in OK as of Jan. Next time at local hangout I got a draft of Yuengling and wow was it good in comparision. Its my new go to and now I can see there was such a difference in taste that I never knew. Will never go back. No idea why I never tried other beers but it was strictly out of habit. Since then got some Yuengling Light and its great too. Heard their Flight is great but haven’t tried it yet but will once I find some.
Yuengling is on my list but I never think to try it except when you mention it. Maybe we can get an early lead tomorrow and I can hit 1 of 5 bars on my street that have it
::rice2:: :dude:
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I know Storako pitched against FSU in the first game. I'm thinking we start May but she has a short leash and perhaps we bring Storako and Deal in for relief. If we get a solid lead I would not be surprised to see Jordy close it out.
White River

Post by White River »

Pitching Box.png
Pitching Box.png (15.36 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Sooner Box.png
Sooner Box.png (42.98 KiB) Viewed 323 times
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

KJinSkiatook wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 pm
JSULL60 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:13 pm :ou: Does Storako start tomorrow night
I say it’s May
Jordy Bahl
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Other than 2 errors great night. Boomer
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Maybe they know they are not likely to beat Jordy so save your ace for game 2 knowing you have a better chance againt the Sooners other pitchers.
White River

Post by White River »

I didn't realize it real time but it looks like the throw in from the outfield hit Boone during her celebration.

JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: I think May or Starako starts, then if you have a lead after 4 or 5 innings, bring in Jordy to close.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

White River wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:16 pm Florida State utilizes the Tennessee pitching strategy to the same result the Vols achieved. Leave your ace on the bench and get beat in the leadoff game of a best of 3 series. I don't understand it but I love it!
Yeah, I woulda bet anything that tonight's starters would have been Jordy vs Sandercock. I was right on one of them.
Maybe the FSU coach was hoping to steal a game in Game 1 and then start her ace tomorrow for the win in Game 2.
Her thinking maybe worst case scenario that after two games the series would be knotted at one apiece.

I say that Patty starts Nicole tomorrow and she beats Sandercock in a tight game - - unless, of course, our bats come to life and we win handily like tonight.

Give plaudits to Mudge for a great defensive effort in a losing effort with her larceny, stealing the 3 run HR from Haley, or we'd have run-ruled them after 6!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

We were a bit sluggish tonight, but fortunately, Lonnie Alameda had a lapse of judgment, and put in down-tier pitchers. We could have been had tonight. We were "off", but finally rallied enough to get the job done. Fortunately, Jordy pitched well. Not much if any doubt that Jordy is FULLY recovered.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

JSULL60 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:24 pm :ou: Maybe they know they are not likely to beat Jordy so save your ace for game 2 knowing you have a better chance againt the Sooners other pitchers.
So the lets try to win 1 out of 3 strategy. Makes sense.

I am dumbfounded at the head coaches decisions in playoffs. Just mind blowing how poorly they are doing. What signal does it send your 8 other starters when you don’t play your best pitcher in game 1 of title series. They lost before they played an out. Then to take out a pitcher who gave up 1 hit in bottom of 4th.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Poor Barstool trying to stir pot then someone posts their pitcher doing it too (leaving feet)

In Brent I Trust :D
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Yep. I think coaches know once the Sooners get that 1st big hit their offense can explode real fast so they have a quick hook on their starter. I do look for May to start tomorrow since Storako pitched in the regular season ge and did give up some hits.
Patty needs to have a quick hook on May and not wait till she gives up a 2 run homer if they start to square her up
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

inconnu wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:30 pm We were a bit sluggish tonight, but fortunately, Lonnie Alameda had a lapse of judgment, and put in down-tier pitchers. We could have been had tonight. We were "off", but finally rallied enough to get the job done. Fortunately, Jordy pitched well. Not much if any doubt that Jordy is FULLY recovered.
I agree with this. I'm not sure they would have scored more than 1 with the way Jordy was pitching - but if they had left Leonard in or brought in Sandercock they very well may have kept us from scoring and it could have gone to extra innings, wearing out Jordy and limiting what might have been a game 2 with FSU up a game.

I guess the lesson I am learning is that in any sport - you NEVER PLAY TO LOSE. You do whatever to win the game and figure out the rest later. The Tenn coach and now FSU coach have totally over thought themselves to losses. I'm thankful for it!

Now, I'm thinking we may just be able to hit Sandercock and anyone else they throw at us tomorrow. In the game of chicken they showed all the cards in my opinion and we have the mental upper hand. It will still be dog fight but I like our chances!