Tenn or FSU?

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

Tenn or FSU?

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I said a few weeks ago that FSU was the best team we played up until Clemson and now after having played Tenn, I'm still kind of leaning that way. However, I want to play whichever has the WEAKEST pitching. I'm kind of done with seeing elite pitchers. I'm not super familiar with either of their pitching staffs other than those we have played directly. I guess at this point I think they are relatively evenly matched.

Reranking the best teams we have played this season - I would order them:

6. Texas - OSU (tied)
3. Tenn - FSU (tied)
1. Clemson - Stanford (tied strictly because their pitching is elite)

There is no way that Clemson should have been ranked 16 - they would have beaten everyone else above them except perhaps Stanford, Tenn/FSU and us. Stanford also got robbed @ 9 - but that was because they didn't play Canady enough during the year and have a weaker offense than just about everyone else. Vawter is really good but she is no Canady or Cagle and if she was all Stanford had then I could understand the #9 ranking.
EMan

Post by EMan »

Definitely want TN in this first game, just to extend whoever OU sees. i know everyone gets tomorrow off, but it never hurts to make the other staffs work. Sandercock is an outstanding pitcher, but OU has seen her several times and has beaten her. TN obviously didn't throw either of their aces in the first game against OU, so not really sure what to think about them. This is one time I'll just sit back and wait to see what plays out, knowing OU has already secured a spot in the finals. But again, for this first game, go Vols. :D
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

In the end, I think FSU wins out.
But I don't understand the pitching choices for either team.
FSU has strong enough pitching that they didn't have to start Leonard. Seems like they're almost giving Tenn a mulligan.
Tenn on the other hand doesn't have the luxury of stalling.....it's go big or go home. I would've thrown Rogers, hope you get a big lead and reliever her as soon as you could. Gottshall is a good #2 but do you really want to go with your #2 in a do or die situation?
If FSU gets a couple more runs (2-1 as I write this) I could see Sandercock coming in to go for the jugular.
We'll see.
aka Crimson47
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

It looks like we are probably going to be playing FSU on Wednesday at 7pm until Tennessee can come back from 5-1 deficit
::rice2:: :dude: