WCWS SF Sooners vs Stanford Game 1 of 1 Thread

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

And, the magic number is now 2.

The Cardinal softball team made OU work into extra innings to secure win #51 today.
I am predicting that FSU and Tennessee will not be a sweep for either team, but instead will go best 2 out of 3, with the Seminoles prevailing and punching their ticket for the Championship Series with OU.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Help me understand here, why did they pull Nicole? She had a great game outside of the first inning. I realize Jordy is the best but May was also holding her own.
You shall not pass
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

It almost appears that the games against Stanford were just "table-setters" for the Championship Series. After facing Canady, Sandercock or Ford will come a lot easier than not facing Canady first. The pitches may slow down somewhat for our batters. I'm not saying it will be a "cake walk", but it won't look like "murder's row" either. At least, that's what I hope.....because that will make these last two games more enjoyable and hopefully, no more extra innings. My heart can't take too many more like this one!
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

inconnu wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 pm
BudaSooner wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 pm Let's give MAJOR PROPS to this Stanford team, especially Canady!
I'll give props if Canady portals to us in the off-season. She can up her game with a top notch pitching coach.
Exactly. In fact started a thread about this possibility( however remote ) .
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:19 pm Help me understand here, why did they pull Nicole? She had a great game outside of the first inning. I realize Jordy is the best but May was also holding her own.
My take,

She gave up a lead off hit

Patty didn’t want to give up any more runs

Patty saw Stanford go to their ace and that told her Stanford had pushed all their chips in

Patty counters with Jordy but later than Stanford so even we lost, Jordy would be way lower on pitch count than Canady. Which would still make Jordy fresher for a game 2, but give us the best chance to win game 1 and avoid game 2.
Last edited by OU Guy on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Brent I Trust :D
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:19 pm Help me understand here, why did they pull Nicole? She had a great game outside of the first inning. I realize Jordy is the best but May was also holding her own.
Patty said in her PC that this was the plan all along. Nicole was to start and go 5, then Jordy would come in. She said the pitch count was something like 85 & 55 and that's what she wanted. Besides, Nicole came out before facing Stanford hitters for a third time. Their hitters are like ours.....the more they see ya, the better they get.