Kinzie had appendicitis

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OURed

Kinzie had appendicitis

Post by OURed »

Kinzie Hansen posted that she had her appendix removed yesterday. I guess she is out for a few weeks. She posted a picture of her in the hospital. Haven’t seen anything official from OU.
Last edited by OURed on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
raven15

Post by raven15 »

She shouldn’t be out very long. Those are pretty routine.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Probably laparascopic surgery, right? Pretty routine, she should be back full speed by mid-March at the latest, I'd think...
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
White River

Post by White River »

Tough brake for Kinzie. I don't anticipate that she will be out long, but when you've waited months for the season to start every day lost has to be frustrating.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Oh Wow!
Yeah....couple of weeks or so anyway?
I guess modern techniques have taken the recovery time way down from what it used to be. Still have mine tho, so have no first hand knowledge.
Anyone know someone who's had that done quite recently to give us a better idea? Since Kinz is in the peak of health otherwise, I would think her recovery time will be less than most of us, but we don't catch for Jordy and Alex, et.al, either. ;)
aka Crimson47
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:37 pm Oh Wow!
I guess modern techniques have taken the recovery time way down from what it used to be. Still have mine tho, so have no first hand knowledge.
Anyone know someone who's had that done quite recently to give us a better idea? Since Kinz is in the peak of health otherwise, I would think her recovery time will be less than most of us, but we don't catch for Jordy and Alex, et.al, either. ;)
I'm no doctor, but I did have my appendix removed not too long ago. They just stick a tiny camera down through your belly button, snip the little thing, and bring it out. I was up and about next day, though not vigorously so. Also much older than Kenzie, I suspect an thlete like her will be practicing within a week if not sooner and on the field in two or three.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

The Far Journey wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm
TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:37 pm Oh Wow!
I'm no doctor, but I did have my appendix removed not too long ago. They just stick a tiny camera down through your belly button, snip the little thing, and bring it out. I was up and about next day, though not vigorously so. Also much older than Kenzie, I suspect an thlete like her will be practicing within a week if not sooner and on the field in two or three.
That's kind of what I was thinking...she'll be up and around tomorrow and physical therapy for a few days and back to practice in a week or so. I thought originally that might have been too optimistic, but I don't know anyone who's had that procedure. Thanks for the info.
aka Crimson47
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Geee Maneee Christmas! Coaches up all night with this one.

Kinzie may not get her job back after Erickson bats .468 with 3 HR's and 9 RBI's for the weekend....

I guess we'll see. Inauspicious for Kinzie....auspicious for "next up."

I wish Ms. Hansen the very best with a speedy and full recovery!
Oldsoftballfan

Post by Oldsoftballfan »

If this is true I’m not scared one bit that she won’t get her job back and you are
Expecting ALOT out of an unproven freshman especially with a proven Senior that is perfectly capable to fill in if Hansen can’t go