2025 softball recruits.

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Bottom post of the previous page:

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:33 am A year ago, we all were pretty high on getting the commitment from SS Sydney Barker.
Now we have a commitment from #1 SS Lexi McDaniel.
How do you feel these two match up and who would win the 2026 season SS position? (I had mentally penciled in Barker for the '25 season SS.)
I would say that I do not have enough information and have not seen any of the SS candidates "live".

I would say that Hodge has to have the edge moving into the 2025 season to play SS. But in the 2024 Class there are four SS; Barker, Milloy, Garcia and McKay. As I have said, I think Garcia is more of a 2B candidate and that McKay is more of a corner Infielder. So that leaves Hodge, Barker and Milloy. And perhaps we should not leave out McEnroe Marinas but for now NellieMac is at 3B I think. The battle will be between the 3 of them, one may move to 2B to compete with Garcia and could play there. I think Milloy is likely to move the OF if she is not the SS.

So for 2026, McDaniel arrives with a 1-year starter at SS with experience in either Hodge or Barker or Milloy. Maybe you have a 1-year starter at 2B with one of the SS that moved or Garcia or even Lilio. McDaniel will play somewhere I think as a freshman. It is a tremendous wealth of talent for the MIF positions. The two that fields the best and then hits the best will play the most.
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is an update about Sophia Bordi, Class of 2025 recruit. A friend gave it to me. I think I have turned him into a recruit 'guru'.

I do not take this news as bad or concerning. Especially since they are addressing the issue. she just missed on time table date for her recovery. After she finishes high school ball, she will be in great hands with the OC Batbusters pitching coach this summer. Bordi will still be a top flight prospect in a year and 3 months. She has plenty of time the recover.

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/202 ... -year.html

Boomer Sooner!