OU_Tom

2025 softball recruits.

Post by OU_Tom »

Topics on 2025 softball recruits.
::rice2:: :dude:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Originally posted by OUBeliever

Here are the Top 5-Rated players for the Class of 2025. There are fourteen players listed below. These young players are probably in the eighth grade currently. As was the case for the Class of 2026 players, there is a change happening in the world of youth summer softball. In this class over half of the players are playing on teams that are not California-based teams. Families and players no longer need to seek teams on the west coast to play softball at the highest levels.

# First Last Pos Club
1 Kaylee Grace Favors P Impact Gold National – Smith
2 Anna Hinde 3B/C Team NC 16U – Hinde
2 Jolyna Lamar MIF Lady Dukes Premier 14U – Young/Lamar
2 Addisyn Linton P Tennessee Mojo – Ross
2 Ana Roman OF Tennessee Mojo 2023 – Danley
3 Kiera Crosby P Impact Gold National – Hays
3 Analesse Garcia P/1B Athletics – Mercado/Valencia
3 Alisa Sneed OF Texas Riptide
4 Bri Alejandre SS/3B Corona Angels – Perez/Knighten
4 Addyson Sheppard C/3B Impact Gold National – Smith
4 Kendall Wells C/3B Georgia impact Premier 2005
5 Delaney Aumua 1B/OF Athletics – Mercado/Walling
5 Abby Lovell P/1B East Cobb Bullets 07 – Holcombe
5 Hannah Wells P Oklahoma Athletics National 2024

Here are the 5 players that are playing on Oklahoma-based teams (That I found.):

T-5—Hannah Wells, P, Oklahoma Athletics National 2024
Hannah, better known as “Goose” to her coaches and teammates, is a dominant power pitcher from Coahoma, Texas. She can throw in the mid 60’s but also has the ability to mix speeds and move the ball well. Hannah is a long time Tincher pitching student of well-respected instructor Laura Rothrock, the mother of Keegan Rothrock, the outstanding pitcher going to Florida. Hannah has shown great potential and promise to be one of the top pitchers in the game over the next several years. She and her A’s team has beaten some of the top teams in the age group and come out with some big victories including capturing the HFL championship last Fall in College State, Texas (Hannah was the winning pitcher) . The Texan ended up going 19-1 in the Fall of 2020 winning all three tournaments played. When not in the circle, Hannah is a strong infielder with excellent fundamentals and strong arm. She is also a dangerous hitter and in the Fall batted .467 with 23 RBIs. Hannah is well known to college coaches in part because she has attended camps at top programs such as Florida, Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas Tech among others.

T-14—Preslee Downing, P/OF, Tulsa Elite – Knight
Preslee is one of the youngest in the rankings but is dominating on the field, throwing around 60 mph and has a great rise ball and screw. She is not only a great pitcher but is a great outfielder and her presence in the outfield is greatly missed by her team when she is on the mound. Preslee has recorded several no- hitters and has already stunned older teams who expected to beat the younger Elite team. Preslee has gone head-to-head against several of the athletes considered the nation’s best pitchers and has come out victorious. This past summer, she pitched two nail biters against Top 10-caliber teams. Says Coach Knight: “Coach Knight: “Preslee is consistently clocked at 60 mph with great movement on her pitches. She commands the zone and can bring it. She has good speed in the outfield and on the base paths as well. She is very intelligent and knows the game.”

T-19—Brinkley Moreton, P/3B, Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
Brinkley is from Lincoln, Arkansas and stated Coach Michael Freeman: “I don’t think any other player will match her combination of pitching talent, hitting ability, fielding skills, and speed on the bases.” She has a fastball that touches 64 mph and can be overpowering on the mound. She dominates games against elite talent by mixing in quality breaking pitches with her big-time fastball that leads to a high number of strikeouts. Offensively, Brinkley is one of the most feared hitters in the Midwest/Southwest regions as she hits for a high average, for power and consistently puts the ball in play sharply. Explains her coach, “She is just an absolute terror to pitch to because of her extra base hit potential in every at-bat. Her swing speed is off the charts and she has an amazing ability to hit elite level pitchers including their go-to off-speed pitches. “ Last year she hit .444 with 89 runs scored, nine home runs, 42 extra base hits and had a 30-8 pitching record with 210 K’s in 164 innings and a 1.83 ERA.

T-33—Jayelle Austin, OF/MIF, Tulsa Elite – Knight
Jayelle is a sweet-swinging lefty who can hit for power and get on base with a sneaky bunt thanks to her speed or also get on base as a slapper who can locate the ball when asked to. She plays on the Elite 25/26 Knight team based in Owasso, Oklahoma and is a rangy centerfielder who covers a lot of territory in the outfield. Last Summer, Jayelle was awarded the Defensive MVP at the USSSA Nationals in Texas. She had a torrid summer with her bat as she hit .576 with a .667on-base percentage and had four home runs including a grand slam.

T-43—Harlie Chism, SS, Oklahoma Athletics National 2024
Harlie is a smooth and polished middle infielder with tremendous range and helped lead the Athletics to a 19-1 record last Fall, winning all three tournaments it competed in including the Top Club National Fall Championship and the HFL Fall Championship. Harlie bats in the top of the lineup and she can lay down a perfect bunt or hit for power. She is a speedster on the bases with 14 stolen bases in 20 games Last Fall and had a team-best batting average of .500 with an .820 slugging percentage. She’s already attended camps at several Big 12 programs and is on the recruiting list of several Power 5 programs in her home state of Oklahoma and across the nation.

EIS has completed its Top 300 players for the 2025 Class. There are additional Oklahoma-linked players that I will list below.

# First Last Pos Club
109 Lila Toll MIF/P Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
115 Makenzie Freeman P/IF Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
121 Kylee Merritt 3B/MIF Oklahoma Stars
143 Lilly Oxford 2B/OF Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
145 Elizabeth Trosper 1B/OF Oklahoma Grit
157 Jessi Hull C/UT Oklahoma Athletics National 2024
202 Kamden Bray P/UT Oklahoma Grit
207 Mary Lem SS/3B Tulsa Elite AR 2023
244 Sophie Stockam P Tulsa Elite 316
247 Makiah Brumbelow-Neal P/UT Oklahoma Hustle

I also found another player that was associated with an Oklahoma-based team previously that now plays outside the state. That player is:

(Was on the Oklahoma Athletics Platinum 06 - Mathers/Madden)
T-50—Skyler Rodgers, SS/2B, Texas Bombers – Crabtree

Skyler is a defensive standout who understands the fundamentals and has above average skills on the dirt. She has good range, plus footwork, strong transitions and a high softball IQ. As an infielder, Skyler is not scared to get dirty and will dive to keep anything on the dirt. She can read a hop better than most and understands what angles and routes to take. Her arm is strong and Skyler can gun a runner out in the 5-6 hole or slow a roller. Says Coach Cassie Crabtree: “Nothing is getting past her. Sky works so hard on her defense and takes pride in what she does. She pays attention to the details and is always striving to be better.” Offensively, Skyler is a gap-to-gap power hitter that is hard to get out at the plate. One coach from an elite 18U clubs added: “This kid is really good and her swing and movements are elite.

This set of Oklahoma-based players completes the EIS Top 500 players in the 2025 Class.

# First Last Pos Club
312 Kyleigh Combs P/1B Oklahoma Stars
354 Quinlyn Johnson 2B/OF Oklahoma Hustle
365 Addison Drummond C/3B Tulsa Elite – Knight
378 Lety Parga C/SS Oklahoma Stars
398 Allison Sanders SS/C Tulsa Elite – Parker

407 Ayrland Jiles OF/UT Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
425 Madison Derden 3B/1B Tulsa Elite – Jobe
436 Emilee Burke MIF/OF Tulsa Elite – Knight
448 Lydia Bethards IF/UT Tulsa Elite
455 Jordyn Lefford P Tulsa Elite
466 Jalyn Fourkiller OF/MIF Tulsa Elite – Knight
478 Hannah Jones P/OF Tulsa Elite – Knight

That is a total of 28 Oklahoma-based players that I can find. That is a good representation for the State of Oklahoma.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I know its a really long way out there yet....but any idea if Sophia Bordi is on our radar for 2025? RHP
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:44 am I know its a really long way out there yet....but any idea if Sophia Bordi is on our radar for 2025? RHP
Notice that Coach Gasso and JT are the first two coaches of many that she tagged.

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Yes!
I saw that on Jackie Winz's twitter site....thought that was pretty cool.
Prob should've my comment above a statement rather than a question.
Sorry.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I just checked my logs from the 2025 recruits.

Sophia Bordi P/1B was ranked #8 by SA and EIS had her T-#5 (Top 15 players)

In the class is also two other players that I think OU may be targeting.

Hannah Wells RHP - She plays for the the Oklahoma Athletics-Madden/Clemmer team. I know there is a picture out there where she is standing beside HCPG. It would be a shame is a player this close to Norman gets away. Wells is ranked #1 by SA and T-#4 (Top 12) by EIS.
Here is what EIS said about her.
Hannah, who has the nickname “Goose,” continued her dominance in 2021 with strong performances against some of the nation’s top club teams. She is skilled at keeping hitters off-balance as she will bring 66 mph heat consistently but also works with multiple speeds. The right handed, who is a  Tincher pitcher, has elite level spin efficiency on her curveball and riseball measured by multiple colleges on the Rapsodo and rounds out her arsenal with a deadly changeup. In addition to being a power pitcher, she possesses a dangerous bat with the ability to utilize all fields and drive in a lot of runs. Adds Coach Terry Clemmer: “Her teammates will tell you that she is an exceptional leader and selfless player who will give you everything she has on the field.” Hannah does not get rattled easily and she thrives under pressure, giving her teams a strong chance in big games. Pitching Instructor Laura Rothrock, whose daughter Keagan is committed to Florida as the top-ranked pitcher in the 2023 class, says “Hannah is a true competitor at the plate and in the circle. She is laser focused on all the small details that make her an elite level player.”

Presley Harrison - P/1B - She was ranked #11 by SA and T-#10 (Top 12) by EIS.
She plays in the Bombers organizations as was playing at the 18-under level this summer. I actually watched her warm up. She throws well and is long and lean. Her Dad likes Norman a great deal. Harrison was at the Showcase in Norman and pitched two innings giving up no runs and only 1 scratch hit. I did not see her hit.
SoonerSB98

Post by SoonerSB98 »

Another 2025 from Stith to watch out for. :eyes: Kia is ranked #4 in EI and seems to have ties to the program.

OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Welcome @SoonerSB98

There definitely are a lot of batbuster connections. I would say OU probably would not have won their last 4 national championships without the batbusters

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 969532001/
SoonerSB98

Post by SoonerSB98 »

2025 watch list from Perfect Game...

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Wonder if Melody Acevedo is a younger sister to Holly?

Glad to see a local gal, Skyler, made the list.
aka Crimson47
SoonerSB98

Post by SoonerSB98 »

Rosters from this weekends prospect camp. Excited to learn more about these young ladies. :eyes:
Attachments
27C65406-7DBE-4F7F-B059-89BAF8E2ED28.jpeg
27C65406-7DBE-4F7F-B059-89BAF8E2ED28.jpeg (701.27 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Is it correct to assume that the OU Staff is not allowed to invite these girls to come to the camp but instead, the girls have to apply online on the Softball website and fill out the Recruit questionnaire? I can't see that they would just show up without some kind of contact/reservation? Or is no contact allowed until these girls are physically in person at the camp?
I need to learn more about the "camps".

Edit:
Glad to see Sophia Bordi on the list of camp attendees.
Also, good to see Hannah Wells, Presley Harrison, and Kai Minor on the lists too.

I wonder what the asterisks beside some of the names mean???
aka Crimson47
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

When could we expect to see a commitment from 2025's Hannah Wells? Do we lead? Anyone know?
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

BudaSooner wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 pm When could we expect to see a commitment from 2025's Hannah Wells? Do we lead? Anyone know?
I believe it would be 12:01 am on Sep 1st of her Junior year in High School.
I'm sure OUB56 will correct me if that is not correct. He follows the recruiting so much better than I can.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think there is a magic date to equalize the differing school schedules. But yes, as soon as they start there junior year (some date).

Sept 1st is the correct date.