2025 softball recruits.

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I’m hearing there are some recruits coming over the weekend. Could get interesting.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I wonder if they are "local girls" ( meaning a reasonable driving distance---say couple hundred miles?) or if we might get some from a lot further away since it's a 3-day holiday weekend?
aka Crimson47
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

Further away. Top recruits.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

got it. Thank you!
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Does Patty ever take recruits to football games?
aka Crimson47
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

The recruits definitely go to football games. The football game day atmosphere is used as a big recruiting tool.

I don't know if Patty personally takes the recruits to the games
::rice2:: :dude:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OU_Tom wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:50 pm The recruits definitely go to football games. The football game day atmosphere is used as a big recruiting tool.

I don't know if Patty personally takes the recruits to the games
Sorry, my bad. It did sound like I meant Patty and I didn't mean specifically her at all--just if the FB games were used as a recruiting tool.
I'm sure there are a lot of the girls there that would be taking the recruits to the game.
I hope they all had a good time at the game today---maybe it will pay off.
It was a good day for it (recruiting) anyway.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Well.....at least it looks like this year, we have a football team the softball team can be proud of. What a fun day.
Saw where Jennings posted up a selfie of her and some of the girls in the stands....
Wonder if there has been any sightings so far???
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I hope the recruits that supposedly were here this weekend had a good time. At least the FB team looked good and should have been a great environment for our hosts to entertain them with. Wonder if the team takes them out on the SB field for a little pitch and catch?
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

1ST Committed Recruit for 2025! - Sophia Bordi

OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Bordie is big.

I wonder how many Batbuster commits we will get

When Patty sends out those vague Boomer tweets, I am not sure anyone besides Patty & the player know who just verballed over the phone

Here are a couple stories about Sophia

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/sof ... ting-class

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/ ... 215531325/
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

https://extrainningsoftball.com/extra-s ... e-offense/

Extra Star Power: Catcher Kendall Wells, the #1 Catcher in the 2025 Extra Elite 100, “Stellar Defense, Unbeatable Offense”
P/1B Emma Grace Williams knows what kind of player Georgia Impact 06-Sampson C/1B Kendall Wells, #4 in the 2025 Extra Elite 100, is.

“I remember we were in a championship game a couple years ago and there was a pop fly in between the two of us,” Williams, #41 in the 2024 Extra Elite 100, said. “We weren’t going to let that ball drop, so we both ran after the ball. We ended up running into each other and falling on top of one another, but Kendall made sure that she didn’t let go of the ball for the win.”

Audrey Vandagriff
Georgia Impact 06-Sampson CF/UT Audrey Vandagriff, #20 in the 2024 Extra Elite 100, is very familar with Wells.

“I have played with Kendall on two teams now, and I know her well on both a personal level and an athletic level,” said Vangagiff, a former USA Softball All-American. “Let me start by talking about her as a friend. There is not just one story of Kendall that describes her, but when you are with her you’re going to have a good time. She is funny, outgoing, positive, loud, in a good way, but doesn’t know how to whisper.

“Now let me talk about her on an athletic stand point. I talk to Kendall just about every day, and she is constantly at a hitting lesson, at a camp, or catching all while having basketball for high school. Her mindset is she wants to be the best, and she’s one of the top 2025s if not the best. She brings her competitive, fierce, ‘I’ll run you over if I have to’ mentality each time she steps on the field. Kendall brings a lot to our team: her cannon of an arm behind the plate, her powerhouse of a bat and her unmatchable energy.”

Casey Holloway tells of a story of Kendall (pictured) hitting a home run with a bat fresh out ouf the box!
Berry College-bound LHP/1B/OF Casey Holloway, a teammate of Wells at North Oconee High, still remembers a move she once pulled off.

“Kendall is an extremely skilled athlete,” Holloway said. “I remember during one of our weekend tournaments Kendall pulled a brand new bat right out of the box and hit a home run in front of many college coaches without the bat being broken in first. Every time Kendall was up to bat everyone knew she was going to do exactly what we needed her to do because her offensive game is unbeatable.

“She also has stellar catching skills to go along with her defense. She was a wall behind the plate during the school season and has a cannon for an arm. She gave our team a very dependable hitter and we knew we could always count on her to execute exactly what we needed her to do. She also brought humor and energy into the dugout, which was good when we got too tense and needed to relax and enjoy the game.”

Williams has been teammates with Wells since both played together in 10U.

“What makes Kendall unique is that she dominates and leads with athletes two years older than her,” Williams said. “She works hard and pushes herself and others. She has developed into a great catcher and the one I always want behind the plate. Kendall is an on-field leader and knows when to call time out and refocus the game. She is great at framing my pitches and has a cannon behind the plate, which is a game changer. BTW … she can rake too.”

EXTRA STAR POWER Q&A

Kendall Wells
Name: KENDALL WELLS
Hometown: Bogart, GA
High School: North Oconee High
Club Team: Georgia Impact 06-Sampson
Graduation Year: 2025
Height: 5-foot-9
Position: C/1B/3B
Twitter: @KendallWells00
Honors: Region Player of the Year; 4A 1st Team All-State; North Oconee High was Class 4A state runner-up for class 4A; Region champions; #4 in the 2025 Extra Elite 100; and #1 Catcher in the Class of 2025.
Travel Ball Fall Stats: .500 AVG, 1 HR, 8 RBIs and no stolen bases allowed (in two fall showcase tournaments).
High School Stats: .495 AVG, .608 OBP, 48 hits, 48 RBIs, 21 intentional walks (26 total), 19 SBs and 14 HRs.

Tell us about your travel team/organization and how you became involved with them? I
have played with several of the girls on teams before I joined the Impact organization and I’ve played against this team for many years. I originally joined Georgia Impact 05-Lewis, then moved to the Georgia Impact-Sampson team. Although I have only been with the organization for a little while, I am thankful for everything they have done for me so far.

What were some of the training methods and workouts you did to stay busy during the stay-at-home orders because of the coronoavirus situation?
I did virtual lessons online with my hitting and catching coach (Claudia Cooper) at the time and hit off the tee and sometimes on the field if allowed.

What is something you have faced in your life that has helped you become the person that you are today?
Faith and family are very important to me. Before my twin sisters were born, they were diagnosed with TTTS (Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome) and there was a very high chance they would not survive. My family had to lean on each other and trust in our faith during these times and my sisters were born completely healthy. Even though I wasn’t very old when this happened, it has shaped my family and the things we believe in.

What’s your most memorable softball story?
My high school team finishing as state runner-up. We battled through the loser’s bracket after losing our first game in the state championship tournament. We won five games in a row to get us back to the championship and lost the championship game by two runs. This was our first appearance at the state championship in 15 years.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

So-o-o, does anyone think that Sophia Bordi's commitment to OU necessarily precludes OU still being in the running for Hannah "Goose" Wells? Could we conceivably land both of them? ... or is that just me being greedy?
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

BudaSooner wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:26 am So-o-o, does anyone think that Sophia Bordi's commitment to OU necessarily precludes OU still being in the running for Hannah "Goose" Wells? Could we conceivably land both of them? ... or is that just me being greedy?
Wellllllll, I'll offer up my thoughts...but cclift38 above obviously has valid inside information, and '56 can certainly provide much better and complete answers, but from where I sit, yeah, we can definitely take another pitcher this round, and I think we will. So, no, I don't think you're being greedy. I'm sure Goose Wells is on the list, as are Harrison, Parker, Zache and some others I'm sure I'm overlooking.
For some reason, I think Parker was one of the 4 that was visiting on campus this last weekend, along with Bordi and Kendall Wells, the catcher we got yesterday, but I don't know that for sure. I don't have any idea who the 4th person might have been. Hannah Wells maybe? I've also read away that Parker was going to visit Arkansas this weekend before making her decision. Arky is just down the road from where she lives apparently.

Also, I assume we will have some more recruits on campus for a visit this coming weekend. I think the team is supposed to be honored at halftime (or did I dream that?) and I thought this was to be the original 'big' recruiting weekend for us. But looks like it might have been last weekend? cclift probably has more info on that.

Anyway, I think we still have some more recruits that will commit in the coming days. I'm looking out for outfielder Kai Minor, possibly an infielder, but definitely another pitcher.
I don't think Patty wants to get stung again by having a class without a pitcher like this year, and looking ahead to the SEC, you just simply can't have too many pitchers on staff.
Last edited by TropicalSooner on Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Let me say this upfront. I have been let in on many secrets by 'cclift38' over the last few years. He has probably driven my interest in OU softball recruiting more than anyone else. When I first joined Sooner Times, it was 'cclift38' that I found to be a great poster about softball. I respect him a great deal.

As for Hannah "Goose" Wells. She is a talented player. I think she can pitch and hit at the D1 level but may not be able to play in the field, even as a 1B. From what i have seen, I would say she is leaning towards Texas. She has been to many of their camps. She is from Coahoma, Texas which is out in the Lubbock/Midland area of Texas. If the Sooners pick up Hannah Wells, I would be happy, but I do not think that will happen (remember I am a 1000 miles away from the decision makers).

I think that both Pressley Harrison (from Georgia and is a RHP and a LH hitter who plays 1B) and Allyssa Parker (from Pocola, OK - is a RHP and a MIF/SS) are both better athletes than Wells. Both are excellent hitters and very good pitchers. I think I understand that Parker is also being recruited by Arkansas and may be headed to Fayetteville for an visit this weekend. Pocola is on the OK-ARK border just south of Ft. Smith. Both Parker and Harrison have been to multiple OU camps. Berkley Zache is another P/1B right-handed player that could be on OU's list to recruit. She has been to OU camps also.

As for other potential OU recruits to add to the Class of 2025. I would be very surprised if the Sooners have not offered Kia Minor (OF from California and plays for the OC Batbusters with Bordi). I would also think that OU would have talked or offered Lexi McDaniel (SS). McDaniel played with Parker this summer.

A couple of other players might be:

#21 EIS/ unr SA in the Top 50 - Delaney Aumua, 1B, Lady Magic 16U – Walling - Aumua is a big powerful 1B. She has been to OU camps.
unr EIS/ #39 SA - Melody Acevedo, SS, Firecrackers 18U Rico - Acevedo has been to OU camps and is a powerful MIF who fields well also.

Boomer Sooner!
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

THE FINAL PITCH: SOPHIA BORDI

Uncommitted 2025 RHP Sophia Bordi recently talked to Dugout Chatter about OC Batbusters-Stith, Haddon Heights High, winning an 18U Alliance national championship, throwing a no-hitter in the AFCS national championship series, Athletics Mercado, playing an competing against older players, future college and Sept. 1, sports occupation, chemistry, Kobe Bryant, “The Hate U Give,” Drake, “Criminal Minds,” “Purple Hearts” and baking.

THE FINAL PITCH Q&A

Sophia Bordi of Haddon Heights High. Photo courtesy of Sophia Bordi.
Name: Sophia Bordi

Hometown: Merchantville, NJ

High School: Haddon Heights High

Club Team: OC Batbusters 18U-Stith

Graduation Year: 2025

Height: 5-foot-8

Position: RHP

Nickname: Bordi (just my last name). It first started in first-year 10U. My coach would just call me Bordi and it caught on fast and soon everyone would say it.

Twitter/Instagram: @bordisophia/@Sophia.bordi

Honors: Alliance National Championship Most Oustanding Player; Gatorade State Player of the Year in New Jersey; 1st Team All-State; All-South Jersey Pitcher of the Year; and NJ.com Female Athlete of the Year finalist.

Travel Ball Fall Stats: Pitching — 59 IP, 92 Ks, 2.37 ERA; Batting — .385 AVG, 6 HRs, 24 RBIs.

Travel Ball Summer Stats: Pitching — 64 IP, 67 Ks, 1.52 ERA; Batting — .333 AVG, 12 HRs, 34 RBIs.

High School Stats: Pitching — 121 IP, 274 Ks, 0.40 ERA, 4 perfect games; Hitting — .333 AVG, 10 HRs.

Tell us about your travel team/organization and how you became involved with them? I play for the Batbusters, a strong organization out of Orange County. I first found this team after I played against them in the Clearwater tournament and I was super impressed and knew that was the type of team I wanted to play for. I then was able to join the team the following fall season and knew it was the right place.

Tell us about your high school team and how you did? I’ve gotten very lucky these past years in high school ball getting to play for a great coach and having a great team to play with. We all have a strong bond and the same end goals. This past year as a team we accomplished a lot. We also won our second state title in a row and I was able to help out by throwing four perfect games in the playoffs!

Can you talk about OC Batbusters-Stith’s run to the Alliance national title? Our run to the title was definitely one to remember!! We had a lot of games leading up to the series where the energy was unmatched! There were also times where some girls came up in big moments like Izzy Mertes, Kai Minor and Ella Parker. The championship series games we got challenged with a tough Aces’ team with a strong pitcher. Although we faced some challenges, we made adjustments and came out on top!

Can you give us some insights about your no-hitter in the AFCS national championship series? Did you know you had a no-hitter? Are you superstitious? I’m proud of how I threw that game! I was able to use my pitches to throw the batters off and strike them out or just force a pop up or groundball. Up until around the 6th inning I had no clue I was throwing a no-hitter until someone had mentioned it and although I was excited, I couldn’t let that get in the way and I had to finish strong. My superstition is every time I play I wear an evoshield shirt under my jersey. I have been doing it every game since 12U.
The rest of interview is here

https://dugoutchatter.net/2023/08/15/th ... lectables/