Transfer rumours

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
ouron

Post by ouron »

Bottom post of the previous page:

OK, thanks for help. I deleted the app so I will reinstall and try again. If that doesn’t work I will try my desktop.
ouron
ouron

Post by ouron »

I think we are in good shape without any more transfers. 1B & DH are open spots and we have Grace Green, Erickson & Lilio all with power. Nugent, Coor & Hodge have great potential as well. We would certainly welcome Sanders but I would love to see these others getting more exposure. We lost Puni & T. Coleman who couldn’t wait.

As to our pitching, it looks pretty crowded right now. If Deal is as advertised, we will have 4 very good pitchers. The other three will not be playing much.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Giraffespots wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:39 pm Ok so I was trying to submit a screenshot of what I was telling you but...I'm old. I couldn't figure it out.
there was a problem uploading files. I fixed it.

If you want try again, it will probably work this time . Sorry for the inconvenience
::rice2:: :dude:
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

ouron wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:02 pm I think we are in good shape without any more transfers. 1B & DH are open spots and we have Grace Green, Erickson & Lilio all with power. Nugent, Coor & Hodge have great potential as well. We would certainly welcome Sanders but I would love to see these others getting more exposure. We lost Puni & T. Coleman who couldn’t wait.

As to our pitching, it looks pretty crowded right now. If Deal is as advertised, we will have 4 very good pitchers. The other three will not be playing much.
I couldn't agree more. After sitting for a year, these players who themselves were top talents coming in and the new freshman, need their chance. I have no doubt they will prove to be all we hope them to be.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

It sounds like both Lee and Sanders have visited OU
raven15

Post by raven15 »

ouron wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:24 pm OK, thanks for help. I deleted the app so I will reinstall and try again. If that doesn’t work I will try my desktop.
ouron
Be sure to go to “rules-info” first and click on the softball icon.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

OU_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:13 am It sounds like both Lee and Sanders have visited OU
If they were blown away, we would have heard something by now
oufanforever

Post by oufanforever »

We got someone

Edit:

Sanders!
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

I can confirm that the previous post is no rumour☝️
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Patty doesn't mess around. She sees her job as producing championships, so it seems that she thinks the job of the players is to go all out and compete to make the team. Being just good isn't enough to be a starter. Earning that right is an ongoing thing. It's probably easy to feel attached to the players, but her job is to field the best team possible. :rice:
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou:
inconnu wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:11 pm Patty doesn't mess around. She sees her job as producing championships, so it seems that she thinks the job of the players is to go all out and compete to make the team. Being just good isn't enough to be a starter. Earning that right is an ongoing thing. It's probably easy to feel attached to the players, but her job is to field the best team possible. :rice:
Thats one thats keeps All Confrence and All American players flowing in rather it be by coming in as a freshman or transfer portal. The player knows that despite how long a player has been starting and playing a position at a high level, if the player coming in is better, then they can take the position or if they can can play multiple positions as alot of the players can, they will have the opportunity to compete for a starting job.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

raven15

Post by raven15 »

JSULL60 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:56 pm :ou:
inconnu wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:11 pm Patty doesn't mess around. She sees her job as producing championships, so it seems that she thinks the job of the players is to go all out and compete to make the team. Being just good isn't enough to be a starter. Earning that right is an ongoing thing. It's probably easy to feel attached to the players, but her job is to field the best team possible. :rice:
Thats one thats keeps All Confrence and All American players flowing in rather it be by coming in as a freshman or transfer portal. The player knows that despite how long a player has been starting and playing a position at a high level, if the player coming in is better, then they can take the position or if they can can play multiple positions as alot of the players can, they will have the opportunity to compete for a starting job.
And maybe the most important part is keeping that great chemistry we have going. Just look at ASU. I don’t think Arnold and Elam get enough credit for the jobs they did as captains. Leadership is so important.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

raven15 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:02 am
JSULL60 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:56 pm :ou:
And maybe the most important part is keeping that great chemistry we have going. Just look at ASU. I don’t think Arnold and Elam get enough credit for the jobs they did as captains. Leadership is so important.
You nailed it right there. Team chemistry is fundamental. You simply HAVE to have it. And yes, Arnold and Elam were amazing captains. I am thinking to myself that Grace Lyons would make for a great captain for her last year. Humble, even-keeled, team leader, but not for me to decide. But yes, chemistry---and what I love about our team is that everyone is so self-less. Always pulling for each other. That is the missing ingredient that many teams just don't have.
aka Crimson47
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: I was thinking the same a few days ago. about Grace Lyons. She would make a great captain. Another that came to mind is Jayda Coleman. As she has matured she is a little more even-keeled then when she got here but she still ignites a fire under teamates by her awsome play and passion for the game.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

FWIW......

Just a prediction.....

aka Crimson47