Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Something is about to drop

::rice2:: :dude:
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

It can only be Cydney Sanders. Everything aligned.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

She does seem to be the last "power hitter" standing, doesn't she?
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think the post above was about the selection of the Arizona State coach probably. The same person posted both.

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:04 am I think the post above was about the selection of the Arizona State coach probably. The same person posted both.

<sigh.....> you're probably right.
don't know why I thought she was a Sooner insider.....
my bad

I won't worry so much about Erickson not getting playing time now........
aka Crimson47
Giraffespots

Post by Giraffespots »

Well, Jackie Winz may not be an OU insider, but she was just "confirming" an original post from a guy whose handle is sooner soup guy. So HE may have been referring to Sooner news. Keep the hope alive.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

We need better rumors - we don’t care about ASU or Texas. We may need to start our own
::rice2:: :dude:
MNSooner

Post by MNSooner »

If you read her tweet, you will see that she says she’s not going to take an athlete’s thunder by announcing it before they do. This means the watchout is for a player, not a coach. That ‘s my guess.

But, honestly guys. It would be a great shock if Cydney doesn't come here. You know Patty is working the phone hard. Are you really going to be the player that turns the GOAT and a championship chance down?
portalball

Post by portalball »

I thought someone already said that local radio out there announce she was heading to Texas???
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

portalball wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 pm I thought someone already said that local radio out there announce she was heading to Texas*???
If you are talking about Sanders the ASU 1B, I am hearing that she wants to stay in California and that he is strongly considering UCLA.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:47 am
portalball wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 pm I thought someone already said that local radio out there announce she was heading to Texas**???
If you are talking about Sanders the ASU 1B, I am hearing that she wants to stay in California and that he is strongly considering UCLA.
If that is true, then it probably would be best for her to stay near home. I just wish she wouldn't join the Bruins though...they are going to be stout anyway and would hate to see them add her to their roster. I feel like they will wind up being our main competitors next year.
I hope that Erickson can settle in quickly. Obviously from your reports it appears her bat is having a very good summer---how has the competition been that she's hitting against? good college level pitching like she'll see when she hit's the field next year? And also...how has her fielding been at 1B? Has it been Taylon Snow level type of defense?
Thanks for the information you add to our board '56.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:59 am If that is true, then it probably would be best for her to stay near home. I just wish she wouldn't join the Bruins though...they are going to be stout anyway and would hate to see them add her to their roster. I feel like they will wind up being our main competitors next year.

I hope that Erickson can settle in quickly. Obviously from your reports it appears her bat is having a very good summer---how has the competition been that she's hitting against? good college level pitching like she'll see when she hit's the field next year? And also...how has her fielding been at 1B? Has it been Taylon Snow level type of defense?

Thanks for the information you add to our board '56.
I agree about UCLA reloading this year and that they will be good. Sanders would help them a great deal.

About Erickson's defense at first it is a small sample size so far. She has good technique at the bag and stretching to the throw. She only had one ball hit to her, a popup that she handled while I was watching when she played 1B. She plays catcher more. But she looks like she can play 1B. Her game knowledge is very high. I think she covers the bunt also pretty well.

The pitching is fairly strong. I would as a group they are slightly better than Rains maybe as good as May. But many are just throwing the ball. From what I have seen, Erickson can hit most anything.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

For those of you that may not follow other message boards, I thought I would bring you up to date on the transfer "rumors" regarding Cydney Sanders from Ariz State.
While it still appears that OU is still in the lead, sources say it is "not a slam dunk" by any means. Apparently there are 4 schools being looked at: OU, UCLA, Texas A&M, and Texas. It's said she wants to go somewhere where she can play, win big, and be a difference maker. She likes the idea of staying close to home, but seems she didn't "vibe" with the UCLA coach that well. A&M got her coach from ASU, but I don't think she thinks they can win big just yet. Texas got in the picture when their 1B JJ Smith entered the portal. When she visited here she indicated she "wants to play and be the next Alo". There's probably more to it than that.
So....we continue to wait. We're still on the list, but she wants to take her time to make her choice. Since this would be the only transfer she can make without sitting out a year, I'm sure she wants to get it right.
As far as OU goes, Patty will want to make sure that it's the right fit for us too.
aka Crimson47
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I receive various links on my cell phone. Since I follow Oklahoma Softball, I get a lot of other softball articles. Recently, I noticed that there is a lot of Alabama players leaving the Crimson Tide. What is going on down in Tuscaloosa?
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

From what I can pull from Alabama threads.....there may have been some locker room issues. Seems like a division into two camps....the loyalists seem to have stayed....but they lost some freshmen. Not sure the real details will come out---
The team certainly wasn't pulling together on the same page toward the end of the season.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Haley Lee from Texas A&M entered the transfer portal today.
C / 1B BA .405 OB% .543 OPS 1.305 AB 168 HR 15 RBI 45 BB 50 SB/ATT 6/7
........if we felt we just had to have another .400+ bat........
She's the only Aggie that had a meaningful hit against us in the Regionals.....2 run HR in their 3-2 loss (1st game)
Super Senior for next year.
aka Crimson47