The Far Journey

Donihoo transfere to Tennessee

Post by The Far Journey »

From EIS:

Mackenzie Donihoo Transferring to Tennessee

By Justin McLeod
June 17, 2022
9:38 am

Former Oklahoma outfielder Mackenzie Donihoo is transferring to Tennessee, she announced on social media on Friday.

“Thrilled to announce that I will be continuing my academic degree and joining the University of Tennessee Softball Program. A BIG thanks to everyone who has supported me in my journey. Can’t wait to be a Lady Vols and wear the brightest Orange!” Donihoo wrote on Instagram.

An outfielder from Mustang, Oklahoma, Donihoo has two years of eligibility remaining.

Donihoo entered the transfer portal in mid-May after more than a month of not playing for the Sooners. Toward the end of the regular season, she was confirmed to be away from the team and ultimately did not see the field in a Sooner uniform after April 10th.

After batting .145 in her first season as a Sooner, Donihoo posted a .438 average with nine home runs and 43 runs scored last season, earning acclaim for her defensive work during OU’s Women’s College World Series run. Prior to departing the OU program, Donihoo had assembled a .250 batting average and twelve hits in 48 at-bats during the 2022 season.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Glad to see her find a new home. She had an awesome sophomore year
::rice2:: :dude:
White River

Post by White River »

I hope this move works out well for her. She was a key component in the 2021 post season and ultimately the National Championship!