Transfers

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

:ou: Maybe I should rephrase that, not necessarily that you don't but dont need.
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

Unread post by JSULL60 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:47 am
:ou: I dont think Patty normally takes a player she doesnt want just to get someone she does. In this case does anyone think she should. We should have room on the roster if we loose one or 2 ptchers to the portal. As far as position players go, if Hannah Coor can get her offensive game going she may already be one our better defensive players in the OF. She may challenge for starting spot next year.

With all the premium current and coming in players it would just be dead weight to take on a player not needed to get another player. Don't know anything about the Michigan pitcher and my opinion is May is important to the program and Bahl hopefully rebounds from injury to her top form. With top freshman pitchers coming in and current pitching staff things probably will have to be handled pretty delicately from now on, because as with this year already some very good players are going to the transfer portal to jockey for sure fire top teams and it's not even the end of the season yet. With the history of past, starting in June the portal most likely fill up with desireable players looking new teams. little kenny has taken over the transfer king like the ragin cajuns have been been for years. The key to PG taking on transfers is they have to totally fit all aspects of the program and with current players. If the Michigan pitcher fits everything needed for OU and with 1 years left as stated earlier the whole current and new pitchers coming in puts PG in a position of having to dance lightly with what she has already.

I think it's to early for transfers take on just yet, but waiting till June for more entering the portal you never know who's going to show up. You just never know when someone is frustrated where they are at and with pitchers know in there head they need to pitch for a top team that can give them run support. With some good players leaving Alabama you just never know when a big name like Fouts (example) needs to find a top team that can support them in run production.

With Texas A&M looking for a new coach, and my hunch is little kenny might even be lobbying for it some top transfers are going to go fast.