24 5* LB Colin Simmons Visiting

OU Guy

24 5* LB Colin Simmons Visiting

Post by OU Guy »

No. 3 2024 LB Colin Simmons visiting Oklahoma this weekend

colin-simmons_samspiegelman-scaled
(Sam Spiegelman/On3)
Duncanville (Texas) linebacker Colin Simmons will take an unofficial visit to Oklahoma this weekend, he confirmed Friday morning on Twitter.

Simmons is the No. 14 overall prospect in the 2024 class, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He ranks as the nation’s No. 3 linebacker and the No. 1 sophomore prospect in the state of Texas.

The Sooners are one of more than 25 schools to extend an offer to Simmons. That list also includes Texas, Texas A&M, Georgia, LSU, Arkansas, and more.

Oklahoma an early leader for Colin Simmons

OU is also the early favorite in his recruitment, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM). It gives the Sooners an 89 percent chance of securing his commitment, with Texas (4.0%), Texas A&M (1.8%) and a host of other schools trailing behind.

Driving that projection is an expert prediction from On3 National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman, who forecasted the Sooners earlier this month.

Simmons has already visited TCU and Arkansas this spring, and also plans to see LSU and Georgia as well. He has previously visited the Sooners as well. New head coach Brent Venables has made the Duncanville (Tex.) standout a top priority on the defensive side of the ball in 2024.

“They’ve been in contact calling me almost every day and getting the entire coaching staff on the phone,” Simmons told Spiegelman. “They told me about how they’d set up the whole schedule for me when I was down there, about how the defense would be set up for me and the linebackers, and how the plays set up the linebackers and the D-ends.”

As a sophomore in his first varsity season, Simmons notched 68 tackles, 12 sacks and three forced fumbles for Duncanville, which finished as the runner-up in Conference 6A-Division I, Texas’ top classification.

https://www.on3.com/college/oklahoma-so ... s-weekend/
In Brent I Trust :D