BOOM!! 23 4* LB Phil Picciotti Picks OU

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Another one

In Brent I Trust :D
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

I agree that it looks very positive for the good guys. Now we only have to wait a little less than 10.5 hours to find out.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Boom

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Oklahoma Lands Verbal Commitment from LB Phil Picciotti
Sooners add another true linebacker prospect to the 2023 recruiting class as Brent Venables' first defensive class begins to fill out.

John E. HooverJul 4, 2022
On the Fourth of July, Oklahoma landed a Philadelphia firecracker.

Phil Picciotti, a 3-star linebacker from the Philly suburb of Perkasie, PA, announced Monday via social media that he’ll play college football for the Sooners.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Picciotti picked OU over offers from Auburn, Michigan and Nebraska. He’ll play his senior year at Pennridge High School this fall.

He took his official visit to OU on June 3, then visited Nebraska on June 10, Michigan on June 14 and Auburn on June 24. He also held offers from Penn State, Pittsburgh, Miami, Michigan State, Northwestern, USC, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin and others.

Per 247 Sports’ composite, Picciotti is the 40th-ranked linebacker in the nation and the No. 8-ranked prospect in the state of Pennsylvania. Picciotti is a 4-star prospect and ranks as the No. 11 linebacker in the nation and No. 6 overall in Pennsylvania, per Rivals.

According to MaxPreps, Picciotti made 144 tackles in 12 games last season after compiling 96 in his first two years on varsity. He also has eight quarterback sacks in his high school career. In 2021, he also saw his offensive output grow, as he rushed for 250 yards on 42 carries and scored four touchdowns.

Picciotti is the Sooners’ 10th verbal commitment in the 2023 class and the second linebacker, joining Kaleb Spencer of Chester, VA. Two other commits — Samuel Omosigho and Kade McIntyre — could play outside linebacker or edge rusher or somewhere else. In all, six of the 10 are slotted for offense.

The early signing period begins Dec. 14.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/foo ... -picciotti
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Mom approves

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Commitment breakdown: Oklahoma reels in four-star LB Phil Picciotti

Linebacker Phil Picciotti kept a relatively low profile throughout the spring despite taking a number of unofficial visits in March and April. The four-star out of Perkasie (Pa.) Pennridge Upper took official visits to Michigan, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Auburn in June but settled on Oklahoma when decision time came the night of July 4th.

WHAT THE SOONERS ARE GETTING...

Picciotti may not put up overly impressive times during combine testing but he plays fast and physically. He does a good job seeing running lanes and makes sure tackles in the middle of the field and towards the sideline when he is in pursuit. Picciotti has good size at 6-foot-3, 225-pounds and seems to have the technique and strength to fight off offensive linemen looking to slow him down. He also shows off good instincts from his inside linebacker spot and is an effective blitzer up the middle.

WHY IT'S BIG FOR OKLAHOMA...

Brent Venables has made a living recruiting and developing linebackers like Picciotti and he'll try to do the same thing at Oklahoma. Even though Kade McIntyre and Samuel Omosigho are listed as athletes, both could end up playing linebacker in Norman. Combining those two with Kaleb Spencer, Oklahoma looks to have three potential outside linebackers in this class. Picciotti is the first true inside linebacker but his actual role on the Sooner defense will be determined once he physically matures in the strength and conditioning program. Without a more recent evaluation of Picciotti since the end of last season, it will be interesting to see how he has developed once practices start up this fall.

https://n.rivals.com/news/commitment-br ... -picciotti
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Here’s some film he’s gonna be awesome under Brent!

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Big news

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

I hope the coaches spend a lot of time there (IMG) before next spring. There are a lot of 5* potential recruits in Phil’s class.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...got a feeling about this kid, much like I had about Sawchuk, and I heard Teddy Lehman call him Captain America.

Always hoping and looking for that next Butkus Award candidate at OKLAHOMA. Picciotti might prove to be that guy.

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice: