Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OU Guy

OU #1 Seed in NIT

Post by OU Guy »

Go win it all boys!!!

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Get every game at home til Final 4 too!!

With women hosting Sat I wonder how schedule works.

EMan

Post by EMan »

Wonder what time the women play on Saturday? The softball team is playing in the HOF Classic in OKC on that same day and scheduled to play at 1:30 and 6:30. I understand the lower seating at HOF Stadium is almost sold out which means that takes away a lot of potential fans from going to the LNC.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Wow, we play Tue night already!

Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Looking forward to seeing the Sooners play well on TV this week.... :ou: e
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Considering where PM was when he arrived and what he had to do to put a team together, mold them, train them into his system, all the ups and downs and injuries, I think that a No. 1 NIT seed, while disappointing (that it wasn't a berth in the NCAA Tournament), is a suitable reward for this teams efforts this season. They still get to play post-season, have a chance at a championship and will see a variety of teams that they normally wouldn't play.

Again, while disappointing, I'm happy for this team. They could have quit several times, the last after Harkless went down, but they didn't. Well done! Better things coming next season.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

I hope the players give it their all it would be easy to slack off this week being spring break and all. Going to NY for final 4 would be a nice consolation to missing MM, and springboard for next year. Winning it all would really help for recruiting. Making MM has drawbacks as this team likely wouldn’t make it to sweet 16 - as a lower seed they would have played better teams and even a playin game.

Hope fans show out

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

EMan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:42 pm Wonder what time the women play on Saturday? The softball team is playing in the HOF Classic in OKC on that same day and scheduled to play at 1:30 and 6:30. I understand the lower seating at HOF Stadium is almost sold out which means that takes away a lot of potential fans from going to the LNC.
The Women's Basketball Team game is at 9 PM. It is possible to watch the 6:30 PM softball game in OKC against Houston and then get back to Norman by tip-off time. Possible but tight.

I decided to to listen to the 6:30 PM softball game on radio and watch 'live stats' and avoid the drive back to Norman. I am still going to OKC for the 1:30 game against San Diego.

Two other conflicts are the Men's Gymnastics Team is at 6 PM at McCasland Field House against California. the Women's Gymnastics Team is at the Big 12 Championships in Denver at 6 PM.

I am guessing both gymnastics events will be able to be 'watched' or 'monitored' in some way.

Boomer Sooner!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

After some confusion by Espin and league its all ironed out OU plays Sun time TBA

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

sun night it is

Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

This betting site simulated the Oklahoma St Bonaventure game 10,000 times and says Oklahoma has a 72% chance of winning.....

Pretty good but I would like 99%....

I do think we are playing better at this point in the season so maybe that didn’t show up in the advanced stats input to the simulations...

https://www.dimers.com/news/st-bonavent ... 2022-14721
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Hard to watch tonight. If they can't get past the second round in the NIT, then they can't complain about not being in the NCAA tournament.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

ST Bonaventure played way over their heads shooting much better than normal; Holmes shot 100% on 3 pointers but his season average on 3 pointers was 27%, Lofton shot 66% on 3 pointers but his season average is 29%.

Even with that if one more shot went in for the good guys we would have won..

Good season for a team that started with only 3 or 4 guys.... :ou:
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

"if just one more shot had went in" --- that kind of sums up the whole season.... if just one more shot ....

overall this was a hard bunch to watch, dumb mistakes at the worst times it seemed like throughout the year, it'll be tough but there needs to be a lot of rebuilding which means some guys will need to be encouraged to go elsewhere, need better athletes and a higher basketball IQ to compete in the Big12.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Hard for me to be negative about this basketball team, given where they started from....

It is not reasonable and not realistic to expect to win 100% of your games especially when an opposing 27% 3 point shooter hits 100%......

:eyes: :ou: