REACHER on Amazon Prime

Your favorites
OU Chinaman

REACHER on Amazon Prime

Post by OU Chinaman »

...I used to enjoy the Reacher novels and read the first 6 or 7. But then the author Lee Child started getting preachy about guns and other social/cultural issues. I read novels to be entertained, not lectured to, so I stopped reading his.

Then 5'6" Tom Cruise bought the movie right to play the 6'5" Jack Reacher. The first one Cruise did was pretty good, but the 2nd one stunk IMO. Nothing against the Scientologist Cruis, but he was terribly miscast as Reacher

But Saturday I decided to binge watch (8 EPISODES) the Amazon Prime REACHER series, and was gratified that the actor portraying the ex MP Special Investigator was well cast.

(My wife loved seeing him without a shirt. Her heart was all aflutter.)

Anyway if you haven't seen it, its worth a watch. Graphic violence, one bare boobs scene, and some fun as hell dialogue. Check it out!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

I can't figure out how to use Prime. I have it, but can't figure out how to watch certain series. Funny, I got mail today telling me I was paying for the service, but haven't used it. I am on satellite TV and have problems with all the streaming services. I have to get this figured out before all the College games start using it.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Call on your kids or grandkids for help! That's what I do when I get stumped on something...

...And BTW, I agree about the guy who is currently cast as Reacher on Prime. He fills the bill nicely of the original Reacher character, which Tom Cruise, all 5 foot 7 of him, could not!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

OU Chinaman wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:44 pm ...Saturday I decided to binge watch (8 EPISODES) the Amazon Prime REACHER series, and was gratified that the actor portraying the ex MP Special Investigator was well cast.

(My wife loved seeing him without a shirt. Her heart was all aflutter.)

Anyway if you haven't seen it, its worth a watch. Graphic violence, one bare boobs scene, and some fun as hell dialogue. Check it out!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
I completely agree with you about the Reacher Book series, the longer it went the more "preachy" it got about social issues instead of sticking to the story. I also agree about the TC version of the movies. Lastly, I agree with you about the Prime Series. They did that one very well and it was enjoyable to watch.

I put it on the level with the Harry BOSCH series that just finished it's 7th season on prime. Very well done (creator was in on all the filming from the start to help with continuity, etc.). They are now have a spinoff series of Bosch, where he is retired (working as a PI) and his daughter joins the LAPD. It's called Legacy and has many of the same cast members from the Bosch series.
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22
SwampSooner

Post by SwampSooner »

I usually don't like PI books. My wife loves them and talked me into watching Reacher. It was a very good story and the Amazon Prime people put it together well.

Right now, I am into the 6th season of Bosch. Also very well done. I just get depressed with all the corruption in the upper ranks. It seems that the only honest cops are Bosch and his buddies.

The other thing I don't like is that it seems to be a contractual obligation to use the f-bomb every 5 minutes or less.