Any features that you like here that any new poster should know about?

This forum is a collection of helpful tips about features on the board. If you want to learn about board features, this is the place to go. If you are curious about something then post a question
OU_Tom

Any features that you like here that any new poster should know about?

Post by OU_Tom »

For myself, the features that come to mind are

1 - the 5 different styles . Read this thread that has 5 style screenshots . Out of the 5 styles there is probably at least 1 for everybody. I would recommend everyone read this thread with the screenshots of the 5 styles. After that they can choose their favorite.

2 - if you copy a link from twitter/youtube that the software will expand it without any fancy embedding code, Here is a thread to check out that discusses embedding video. :lol: aka copying the link

3 - So we don't support a pure facebook 'like' feature but we have 'Thank you' which we use whenever we like a post or want to thank someone. To use this feature click on the thumbs up :handsup: icon that is just to the left of the poster's avatar

What is some feature here on the new board that you like ?
::rice2:: :dude:
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

On phone when at end of a thread there is an up elevator arrow on the bottom right side of each post if you click it takes you all the way to top of thread.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Another one for phone users. :ou:

On old board if you forgot to post your emoticon and tried to do it within your post it always put it at bottom of post.

New board you can do it after the fact and put it anywhere you want. To illustrate I typed this with none but will put an OU logo right after my first sentence
In Brent I Trust :D
soonerBAS

Post by soonerBAS »

Its a small thing but I like the little link towards the bottom that says return to OU mens sports, lot easier than hitting the back button.