Tanner Groves One on One

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OU Guy

Tanner Groves One on One

Post by OU Guy »

Really cool story how he ended up here.

—-

Tanner Groves' Unorthodox Path to Oklahoma Started on Twitter

The former Eastern Washington star had a unique transfer portal experience which landed him at OU.

Ryan Chapman1 hour ago
A random Twitter interaction can change the course of a career.

Tanner Groves knows just as well as anyone else.

The former Big Sky Player of the Year has settled right in at Oklahoma this year, leading all Sooners by averaging 14.8 points per game, but he might not have ever landed in Norman save for a random Twitter direct message.

The sender? OU assistant coach Emanuel Dildy.

“After I entered the (transfer) portal, I think it was maybe like a few weeks into being in the portal, and I was just looking through my Twitter messages,” Groves told SI Sooners. “I saw that Coach Dildy from Oklahoma had messaged me.”

Porter Moser’s staff had just gotten off and running when Groves entered his name into the transfer portal at Eastern Washington, but after first contact was made on Twitter, Groves said it didn’t take long to link up with Moser himself.

“I messaged Coach (Dildy) back and within an hour I was on a long FaceTime call with Coach (Moser) and we just started building that relationship,” Groves said. “And I think within about a week or so, I committed to Oklahoma. And it's been going from there.”

Read the rest here, good article:

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/men ... on-twitter
In Brent I Trust :D