Bottom post of the previous page:

Just a old fart who loves OU Football! :mayfield2:
White River

Post by White River »

Welcome Geno

"What it is!"
IMAsooner

Post by IMAsooner »

I have been around this message board and other itineration's of this message board since 1997. I was born in 1960 and raised in Oklahoma City where I graduated from Putnam City in 1979. I have been pastor of First English Lutheran Church in Spencer, Iowa for the past 24 years.
My bible studies are here: Bible Studies
My sermons are here: Sermon and Services
And my PowerPoint Classes are here: Foundations in Faith Class
I have 5 grown boys and six grandchildren as of November 2021,and a wonderful wife, Kristin, of 39 years.
I bowl, play tennis, study/read, and keep up with all things about OU football.

My "tag" represents who I am...
Love OU — Live by GRACE!
Shelstin

Post by Shelstin »

My name is Rick. My user name is a combination of the names of my two kids. I was born in San Francisco in a military hospital, but I am not really a city boy. My dad was born in the metropolis of Avard in NW Oklahoma between Waynoka and Alva, and my mom was born in Hollis. She graduated from Tipton. My grandparents are buried at Waynoka and Brinkman. I graduated from SWOSU in 1979, and retired June 30 after 29 years at a small 4A high school in SW Kansas where I wrapped up my career as HFBC, World History Teacher and Director of Driver Education. It was my second stint as a HFBC, the first being in Arizona over 30 years ago. I would have been happy to finish up my career as a DC and LB coach, but a tragic heart attack to our 17 year head coach on July 24 four seasons ago changed that. I spent most of my career as a HC in wrestling and softball. I would get tired of it all, step away for a few years, and get talked into getting back in when things started to go south. Breaks are good, and I never wanted to be the guy that just hung on for a paycheck.

I have had more success than I deserved, winning a few titles along the way, although none in football. If I get defensive about firing coaches, that's why. I know that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that no one is aware of. I've probably seen as many fights and F U conversations in a coaches office as in any bar. Most of it never leaves the coaches meeting. A few years ago, I didn't renew a guy because he didn't do that. Some of the idiotic stuff that comes out of peoples mouths on message boards raises my blood pressure. I've walked away from a few boards for that reason. I try hard not to say anything online that I wouldn't say to the person sitting around a fire pit having a cold one. Getting hit in the mouth hurts! A few people need more of that.

Now, I sit in Arizona hanging with grand kids, building chicken pens, and already regretting my trip home in a few days. Next Friday night will find me back in Oklahoma, watching my nephew play. I like the life, but it was a little surreal at the start of the season watching a game and not being a part of one for the first time since 1978, when I started as an assistant MS football and wrestling coach at Weatherford.

I can trace my OU obsession back to my Uncle, an OU Law School and Waynoka alumni. We would cruise the NW Oklahoma Blackjack and sage covered sandhills on a Saturday afternoon looking for deer, quail or fall turkey, stopping to listen to a little Sooner Football when we got a signal. He passed several months ago. No disrespect to my Dad, but he has as much of an influence on me as anyone.

My Dad was a coach, and at that time we lived in NE Oklahoma. He woke me up on a Saturday morning, wanting me to watch an athlete at a track meet in Miami. I remember him telling me that this kid was special. I just remember him being twice the size of other hurdlers, and I'm not sure if he jumped one of just ran through them all. You know who I'm talking about. I was in 4th grade. My dad passed in Norman Regional around 20 years ago. If that's my fate, I would be good with that.

I will eventually end up around Norman. I have a realtor and will get serious about it all when my house is ready for sale, probably after the first of the year. Oklahoma is home, and where I belong.
I'm California born, but a Sooner bred. When I die, I'll be a Sooner dead.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

I became a Sooner Fan at a very young age. My parents took me to my first OU football game when I was about 1 year old. It was an OSU game. Back then, OSU fans rang cowbells all the time! There was an OSU fan sitting near us and every time he rang his cowbell, I cried. My parents asked him to stop and he refused. The rest is history.

I graduated from OU in 1968. I lived in Oklahoma most of my life but moved to Texas to be nearer to the grandkids. Thankfully, the internet allows me to watch all of the OU sports, I love, FB, men's and women's basketball and softball.
ClaireOKC

Post by ClaireOKC »

K2C Sooner wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm K2C is short for Catoosa. I first heard the phrase in the movie OKLAHOMA! I will be changing it after the season because I plan on moving to my farm in Beggs, Ok. I was thinking Beggar Boomer, lol.
Or maybe even "Bigger Boomer"!!!!!
Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
ClaireOKC

Post by ClaireOKC »

OUGENO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:09 pm Just a old fart who loves OU Football! :mayfield2:
We have a new emoticon for you.... ::caleb::
Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
ClaireOKC

Post by ClaireOKC »

Wow - I absolutely love this stuff...where are you in the vid? Always like to point to the people I know in the video - look I know that guy!!! Makes me look famous!!!! :D
OU Guy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:13 pm Anyways, Discovery released a documentary called “Carrier, Fortress at Sea” and you can go to UTube and watch it. I’m in this film in selected areas lol.

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred