OU-FSU Game 1

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Bottom post of the previous page:

::rice2:: :dude:
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

This is the weirdest game. It is now 10-2 OU and Maxwell has really had some issues. My guess is that Rocha has been trying to get her do some things differently and she is uncomfortable with it. At any rate the offense has been hitting on all cylinders. This is one game where we can definitely say the hitting won it for us. Although, it is not like Kelly has given up a ton of runs. To be playing so off her game and only have given up 2 runs is pretty impressive.

Just a weird game, but I love it.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

::rice2:: :dude:
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

Well, Kelly walked the first 2 batters she faced, and one of them wound up scoring, so we go to the bottom of 5th inning leading 10-3 instead of run-ruling the 'Noles in the top of the inning.
Last edited by BudaSooner on Thu May 23, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

We're actually in the bottom of the 5th 10-3 OU - with a chance to score 1 run and still end the game with a run rule. You are correct. Kelly is looking so uncomfortable the whole game. I'm not sure what is going on - hoping it is not something that will stick with her past tonight.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

FINAL 11-3 walk off win. I think the injured FSU pitchers must have been the heart of the team. FSU has given up a little too easily in my mind. It has been such a weird game, but with how Kelly has been pitching they could have put up so much more of a fight. I can't understand games like this but I will take the run rule win.

One down, on to tomorrow!
Last edited by SoonerGirl1201 on Thu May 23, 2024 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

And FSU's pitcher walks in the winning run for OU, final score 11-3!
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:06 pm This is the weirdest game. It is now 10-2 OU and Maxwell has really had some issues. My guess is that Rocha has been trying to get her do some things differently and she is uncomfortable with it. At any rate the offense has been hitting on all cylinders. This is one game where we can definitely say the hitting won it for us. Although, it is not like Kelly has given up a ton of runs. To be playing so off her game and only have given up 2 runs is pretty impressive.

You could tell before Kelly threw her first pitch that her butterflies had butterflies! She obviously wasn't comfortable. Was Rocha telling her to throw pitches their best hitters couldn't hit, even if they walked? I don't know that much about pitching strategies to know if that's even possible. Our hitting and defense were great, though.
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

Strange game. Maxwell really struggled - FSU could have easily had 3-4 more runs. Good thing our bats woke up.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

MsProudSooner wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:48 pm
SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:06 pm This is the weirdest game. It is now 10-2 OU and Maxwell has really had some issues. My guess is that Rocha has been trying to get her do some things differently and she is uncomfortable with it. At any rate the offense has been hitting on all cylinders. This is one game where we can definitely say the hitting won it for us. Although, it is not like Kelly has given up a ton of runs. To be playing so off her game and only have given up 2 runs is pretty impressive.

You could tell before Kelly threw her first pitch that her butterflies had butterflies! She obviously wasn't comfortable. Was Rocha telling her to throw pitches their best hitters couldn't hit, even if they walked? I don't know that much about pitching strategies to know if that's even possible. Our hitting and defense were great, though.

Maybe Rocha did instruct that - something was definitely different and they never pulled Kelly so she must have been somewhat executing the plan. I know I listened to Plank maybe in the pregame or maybe the Oregon post game. At some point - not sure when - at any rate he and DJ mentioned that Kelly had lost to FSU last year and that most likely she would be asked to do things differently. That is my only thought - that in trying to do things differently she never was able to settle in. Still. It was not that bad of a performance in hindsight, but just didn't look like herself at all.

Looking forward to May/Deal shutting them down tomorrow and the offense picking right up where they left off so we can punch our ticket to OKC early. I have confidence that Kelly will look like herself when we get back to OKC.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Speaking of butterflies, FSU's catcher Edenfield had a couple of pretty ones as eye makeup.....while they were pretty well done, they seemed out of place in a softball game. Maybe as a nightclub participant would have been more appropriate.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:10 pm

Maybe Rocha did instruct that - something was definitely different and they never pulled Kelly so she must have been somewhat executing the plan. I know I listened to Plank maybe in the pregame or maybe the Oregon post game. At some point - not sure when - at any rate he and DJ mentioned that Kelly had lost to FSU last year and that most likely she would be asked to do things differently. That is my only thought - that in trying to do things differently she never was able to settle in. Still. It was not that bad of a performance in hindsight, but just didn't look like herself at all.

Looking forward to May/Deal shutting them down tomorrow and the offense picking right up where they left off so we can punch our ticket to OKC early. I have confidence that Kelly will look like herself when we get back to OKC.
Speaking of Plank, I have to listen on the Varsity app on my phone but it hasn't been working. Is that because it's the playoffs?
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

AllSooner wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 pm

Speaking of butterflies, FSU's catcher Edenfield had a couple of pretty ones as eye makeup.....while they were pretty well done, they seemed out of place in a softball game. Maybe as a nightclub participant would have been more appropriate.
I remember her from last year. That's just something she likes to do.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

MsProudSooner wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 pm
Speaking of Plank, I have to listen on the Varsity app on my phone but it hasn't been working. Is that because it's the playoffs?
[/quote]

I have had some trouble listening via Varsity also - worked fine for baseball game yesterday, but had difficulty with the softball game. I punted Varsity and used the Franchise app and it worked fine.

With the Franchise app, you may have to toggle between the Franchise and Franchise 2 - there’s a button in the app, but it isn’t exactly obvious - it is just to the left of the “play” button - 3 dots next to 3 horizontal lines. Softball is usually on 2.